  • elizabeth r. pope
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2000
      I emailed you yesterday to say that I was NEGATIVe after three months on treatment.
      Interferon, plus 3 Ribavarin a day.

      I am 64 years old, and was frightened to death, when I learned that I had
      Hep C. Probably got it when I was 21 years old, and had a blood transfusion.
      I expressed my fears to my Dr., and all the "horror stories" that I had
      heard about treatment, and his comment was, "you never hear about the ones
      that get along great on treatment.

      I have gotten along GREAT. I have had fatigue, and I have had some mild
      depression, that Celexa has taken care of very nicely.
      My hair is falling out - but will grow back - and I have had a rash and itchy
      skin, which bath oil has taken car of.

      I have had the wonderful fortune of resting when I want, going to bed at
      an early hour, and having a good healthy diet - plenty of water.

      What I am trying to tell you, is that the combo is not as bad as I had heard
      - at least not for me. I realize that I am lucky, and I thank God for that.

      As I finish up (hopefully) these next three months, the sides may become
      more difficult, and if they do, I will handle that too.

      I also know that being NEGATIVE now, doesn't mean that that will be forever
      - it it isn't, I will handle that when it comes up.

      Good luck to all!!!! Elizabeth Pope