Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] High proten snacks?

  • Claudine Crews
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2000
      Dear Ron,
      Anything high in protein can be eaten as a snack. Eggs are great, and
      you can make some hard boiled ones and keep them in the refrigerator to
      snack on, or make deviled eggs out of. Also, nuts. Peanuts, or any kind of
      nuts, are high in protein. Keep in mind, they are also high in fat! Or how
      about reduced-fat peanut butter on whole wheat toast? I have also seen
      soybutter in the store, but have never tried it. Cheese can be a good snack
      food, but again, it is high in fat. Cheddar is especially high in fat.
      Read labels. You might try a reduced fat cheese, or something like
      mozzeralla. Low-fat or non-fat yogurt is great, and if you think you don't
      like it, try a frozen low or non-fat yogurt. They come in all flavors, and
      are really very good. I especially like Blue Bells 'Banana Split'.
      That is all I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe someone else
      will have some more suggestions. Good luck, Claudine

      PS: I'd take the milk thistle!