Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] The Advise is working :)

  • Claudine Crews
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2000
      Dear Sabrena,
      I'm glad to hear that the increase in protein is working. Sounds like
      what you've done as far as making changes in your diet is the right way to
      go. As for the meat caution, I personally don't see a problem with it. And
      the only people who need to be concerned about animal sources of protein and
      ammonia levels are those like Virginia, who have hepatic encephalopathy.
      This is just one of those areas where everyone has their own opinion. I
      worry more about the pesticides on vegetables and fruit! For years I had a
      huge garden and grew most of our vegetables, making sure I planted extra for
      the bugs, but I just don't have the energy any more.
      You mentioned ostopenia. Do take your calcium supplements, and get
      exercise! Anyone who has a liver disease, including HCV, is at an increased
      risk for developing osteoporosis. And if you also have hypothyroidism, which
      I developed while on treatment, that also increases your risk. (I threw
      that in because it seems like a lot heppers, especially the women, also have
      hypothyroidism.)
      Take care,