Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Hey cool advise thanks

  • isqazi
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 4, 2000
      Billie,

      cryptogenic cirrhosis is cirrhosis of unknown cause.

      Virginia
    • Claudine Crews
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 4, 2000
        Dear Virginia,
        I think you must be very strong, stronger than you think you are and
        give your self credit for, to have handled everything you have had to handle
        in your life so far. I'd say you need a pat on the back, and a hug, not a
        kick in the behind. I can't even imagine going through all you have already
        been through and still being sane. I think your children are lucky to have
        you for a mother. Watching you deal with all your problems, and overcoming
        them, and seeing your mother helping out when she is needed, has got to be a
        sad, but good lesson in compassion, caring, helping others in need, and
        love, for your children. It is just a shame that you have all suffered so
        much too.
        As for being scared, who wouldn't be? Facing a transplant is a very scary
        thing I would imagine, and being as sick as you are is also bound to be very
        scary. But hopefully you will get your transplant, and eventually you will
        be the Mom that you want to be. Now you need to build up your strength so
        that when the time for a transplant comes you will be as healthy as you can
        be, and give yourself every chance for the transplant to go smoothly. So do
        what your doctor's telling you, EAT, especially vegetable sources of
        protein. Try to look up some information on vegetarianism, and read up on
        combining sources of protein, in order to make sure you are getting complete
        proteins. Get your mom to make you some deviled eggs to munch on. By the
        way, you can reduce the fat in them by disposing of part of the yolks (not
        all, they are good for you too) and substituting some non-fat plain yogurt
        for the mayonnaise or salad dressing. Take care of yourself!!!

      • Syd Monk
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 4, 2000
          Virginia,

          Avocados are very good for the liver, I forget why. I think they are a good
          source of glutathione. Still, they will help you gain weight, are good for
          you and are easy to eat plain or in salads. I would try 1/2 an avocado a
          day at first, or less, and see how you do with them. They are oily, and the
          liver has to work a little harder to digest oils so go slow at first and
          make sure you can digest them OK. Its all good oils though.

          Syd

        • Gail Samples
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 6, 2000
            ----------
            >From: "Syd Monk" <syd_monk@...>

            > There are better sources for protein. beans are full of fiber, protein and
            micronutrients.
            > Additionally, beans have naturally occurring protease inhibitors in them
            > which helps to stop viral replication. I live on beans and I am a rosy
            cheeked picture of
            > health and energy on my good days.

            Beans, beans, good for your heart....whom amongst us knew as children when
            we chanted this ditty what lay in store for us?

            Gail