- Kerry I m always learning. I ve been reading all I can on hep for over 7 years now. I don t understand everything I read, but eventually I figure most of itMessage 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2000View Source
- Hello I hope this is okay to ask. I just started moderating a message board for PlanetRx.com on Hepatitis. Even though I am HCV positive, and a nurse, I mMessage 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2000View SourceHello
I hope this is okay to ask. I just started moderating a message board for
PlanetRx.com on Hepatitis. Even though I am HCV positive, and a nurse, I'm
finding that I don't know near as much as some of you do. I have learned so
much in just a few days here! The community is new, and needs some help
getting off the ground. I gain nothing financially by asking this. I was
wondering if any of you would be interested in checking out this board for
me, and maybe adding your comments. Again, I hope this isn't out of line. If
you would like to visit, please go to PlanetRx.com, and click on community,
then message boards....it will lead you to the hepatitis board.
- ... Duh!!!! Ok, I have properly thumped myself on the head!! I think this is pretty much what I have been saying about doctors myself, especially theMessage 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2000View Source
>From: Nancy Swanson <msnblk@...Duh!!!! Ok, I have properly thumped myself on the head!! I think this
>Claudine Crews wrote:
> > Nancy, maybe your sister could talk to her doctor and arrange to
> > her granddaughter with her to a visit with her doctor, let the doctor
> > explain a little bit to her. Since he is the 'expert' on HCV she
> > might believe and trust what he has to say.
> > Claudine
>Hey Claudine -- are you talking about the SAME doctor that sits down and
>listens to what the Sis has learned about HCV and treatment every time
>she goes in to see him?
>Sad, but true, the Sis knows more about what's coming down the pike than
>As bad as the situation was with the teachers, it truly spins you around
>to think about knowing more about Hep-C and what's up than your doctor,
is pretty much what I have been saying about doctors myself, especially the
non-specialists. Her doctor does have one good point in his favor though.
At least he is listening to her. That says A LOT!
Good luck with your niece. She sounds pretty sharp to me.
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com
- No problem, Kerry. I m always intersted in visiting sites..ya never know what ya might pick up..just when you thought you d read it all!!! Thanks for devotingMessage 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2000View SourceNo problem, Kerry. I'm always intersted in visiting sites..ya never know what
ya might pick up..just when you thought you'd read it all!!! Thanks for
devoting time to moderate, mzgee
"We can do no great things; only small things with great Love." Mother Teresa
- That s so true about the fatigue and sleep. I never considered myself a depressed person. I m always (or was always) on the go, overdoing over acheiving,Message 5 of 7 , Jun 6, 2000View SourceThat's so true about the fatigue and sleep. I never considered myself a
"depressed" person. I'm always (or was always) on the go, overdoing over
acheiving, over the top :) go getter till hep put it's brick wall in my way.
But when I started on an antidepressant last July and started getting some
really good sleep again, I realized that I hadn't slept that well in 11
years (about the time I'd discovered the hep). Psychosomatic or physical or
whatever, it works and it helps. So yall don't be afraid to try something
out to solve a hep problem, you never know what might work for you.