New to group

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2000
      I am 44 I have hepatitis-c and cirrhosis,liver funtion still ok
      starting interferon and rebetol tonite.
      Main question whwt do you all do about being so tired all the time?
      Ron.
    • Alison Porter
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2000
        Ron,
        When I was on Rebetrol treatment I slept a lot. I felt so crummy I didn't stay consistent taking my Milk Thistle while I was on treatment. But before I started and since I finished treatment taking Milk Thistle consistently seemed to help my liver and help my energy level. Unfortunately I was so fatigued before starting treatment that I was on disability before even getting on treatment. So, I didn't have to keep trying to work - I had already crossed that hurdle. Anyway, bottom line message here, try Milk Thistle AND drink lots of water (the treatment dehydrates you tremendously, which makes you feel more tired). Also, I recommend trying to stay in touch with others going thru similar stuff. The comraderie (sp?) seems to help a lot. Not many other people will understand nearly as well what you are going through.

        Good luck,
        Alison
        I am 44 I have hepatitis-c and cirrhosis,liver funtion still ok
        starting interferon and rebetol tonite.
        Main question whwt do you all do about being so tired all the time?
        Ron.

        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.onelist.com/community/GIWorld-Hepatitis

      • Paul Luketich
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2 2:53 AM
          Hello

          I am new to the group. I am putting together a journal of my disease. Date diagnosised, test results etc. I was wondering if anyone had a format that they use. I saw the forms someone posted not long ago about their reactions and feelings. But I want too put together some sort of treatment nad reactions journal.
          Any help with the format would be greatly appreciated.

          Paul