Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Digest Number 140

  • walden213@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2000
      i was under the impression, that an mri or ultra sound should be done first,
      before biobsy, to pinpoint any "bad" areas. otherwise you could miss a
      problem area? is that right or am i full of bad info?
    • Florence Morris
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2000
        My doctor gave me the ultra sound before the biopsy.
        florence

        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2000
          Well the thinking is that what happens to one part of the liver also happens
          to the other, within a certain percentage of variation. No MRI or scan or
          anything. He does those if he thinks there is an indication of liver cancer
          or something like that. However my hep is very mild as far as my liver is
          concerned, yet the symptoms are not so mild. <sigh> Just my luck! but I feel
          better knowing than not knowing. I'm sure there are advantages to having an
          mri or ultra sound and if I asked for it he'd prolly do it, but I don't see
          the need in my case.

          alley/Patricia
          ICQ 12631861
          alleypat@...
          http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
        • CHARLEY118@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2000
            To Patricia sorry ,wrong button i just wanted to know if you are 1B