Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] biopsy done!

  • Constance Dickson
    Message 1 of 10 , May 5, 2000
      I thought it was a breeze also everyone had me scared

      --- alley/Patricia <alleypat@...> wrote:
      > Hi yall! Well it's 3am Friday morning and I've got a
      > sinus headache waiting
      > for meds to kick in. Went to ER 2am Tues morning
      > with same darn thing. I
      > couldn't take any aspirin or ibuprofen to head it
      > off when it started cause
      > I had biopsy this week (I guess they didn't want any
      > blood thinning meds in
      > me for biopsy). And I didn't have anything else to
      > take so whamo. They gave
      > me imitrex at the hospital. Then called my doc
      > (cause it wore off at work)
      > and got zomig and some fioricet (sp). That seems to
      > help too.
      >
      > Well wed I did it! I had my first biopsy! I'm no
      > longer a biopsy virgin
      > ahhaha. It was a breeze. My Doc is very good. A
      > little sting of the
      > lidocaine and pop! it's done. Course laying on my
      > side as boring but I read
      > and napped. Hopefully will know results today
      > (friday) or Monday. I hate
      > waiting!
      >
      > Nope no MRI no ultra sound etc. This guy is good let
      > me tell you. He does 2
      > or 3 biopsys every wed. He tapped around to find
      > liver, marked the spot, and
      > it's done.
      >
      > Which means I didn't need any pain meds :( hahahaha
      >
      > Anyway just wanted to share that with yall. Have a
      > great friday!
      >
      > alley/Patricia
      > ICQ 12631861
      > alleypat@...
      > http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
      > http://community.dallasnews.com/dmn/dfwliver

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Claudine Crews
      Message 2 of 10 , May 5, 2000
        I'm so glad your biopsy went so smoothly. Be sure and let us know the
        results when you get them. I'm probably almost as anxious as you to know
        the results!
        Message 3 of 10 , May 5, 2000

          Great news that you didn't have a hard time with the biopsy - wish that
          doctor had of done my husbands he had a real hard time but his liver was
          enlarged ect when he had his done. That sinus thing must be driving you
          crazy - my husbands nose runs alot like water sometimes but he doesn't have
          the rest of it like you do - hope you can some day find something that will
          help that and not hurt your liver at the same time. Life is full of ups and
          downs with this hep C thing when it comes to medications. Thanks for letting
          us know and hang in there let us know the results thinking positive for you.

          Winne
        • alley/Patricia
          Message 4 of 10 , May 5, 2000
            yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooo

            Doctor called me at work. VERY mild fibrosis, beginnings of stage one. He
            says I can wait on treatment if I want, or be aggressive and try to kill the
            virus now before I get older. Decisions decisions!

            I was excited elated and flabbergasted at the same time.

            On the way home, hubby and I discussed it. I think we are gonna go with
            treatment. I'll be 45 this year. Heading toward menopause. I think the
            younger I try treatment, the better chance I'll have to respond. If I don't
            respond, then I'm safe to wait for something better. If I do then I'm way
            ahead of the game. If I can't handle treatment, I can stop wtihout having to
            worry too much about my liver for the immediate future.

            <sigh> Glad it's over!

            alley/Patricia
            ICQ 12631861
            alleypat@...
            http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
          • CHARLEY118@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 10 , May 5, 2000
              To Patricia
            • CHARLEY118@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 10 , May 5, 2000
                To Patrica
              • Constance Dickson
                Message 7 of 10 , May 5, 2000
                  Is anyone 1a ?

                  --- CHARLEY118@... wrote:
                  > To Patrica

                  http://im.yahoo.com/
                • Constance Dickson
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 5, 2000
                    Hi Pat I have read on here somewhere that treatment
                    works better on pre menopausal women.....Connie

                    --- alley/Patricia <alleypat@...> wrote:
                    > yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooo
                    >
                    > Doctor called me at work. VERY mild fibrosis,
                    > beginnings of stage one. He
                    > says I can wait on treatment if I want, or be
                    > aggressive and try to kill the
                    > virus now before I get older. Decisions decisions!
                    >
                    > I was excited elated and flabbergasted at the same
                    > time.
                    >
                    > On the way home, hubby and I discussed it. I think
                    > we are gonna go with
                    > treatment. I'll be 45 this year. Heading toward
                    > menopause. I think the
                    > younger I try treatment, the better chance I'll have
                    > to respond. If I don't
                    > respond, then I'm safe to wait for something better.
                    > If I do then I'm way
                    > ahead of the game. If I can't handle treatment, I
                    > can stop wtihout having to
                    > worry too much about my liver for the immediate
                    > future.
                    >
                    > <sigh> Glad it's over!
                    >
                    > alley/Patricia
                    > ICQ 12631861
                    > alleypat@...
                    > http://www.flash.net/~alleypat

                    http://im.yahoo.com/
                  • Marjorie Delese
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 6, 2000
                      Yes I am 1a and so is my husband.
                      Marjorie

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 6, 2000

                        So glad to hear your news - My husband is 41 and that is what the doctor told
                        him with his age and the mild fibrosis he had at time of liver biopsy he had
                        a chance to beat it so go for it and hope you don't have the terrible sides
                        that he has but being in remission as he was before all of our other troubles
                        made the sides worth it. We will find out in a few weeks just how much
                        damage was done while he was off his medication and sitting in jail and then
                        we have the hearing this Monday - so wish us luck on that and that there
                        wasn't much damage while he was off the medication for that time period.
                        Your age has alot to do with it so glad your not waiting to go for the
                        treatment. Hang in there and good luck.

                        Winne