EVERYTHING you NEED to know about HEP C and IRON OVERLOAD.

  • scarletpaolicchi
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009
      EXCESS IRON CAN DAMAGE LIVER, HOW CAN I LIMIT MY IRON UPTAKE?

      It is overwhelming clear that excess iron (also known as "iron overload") is one thing Hep C patients need to be aware of and avoid diligently. Iron is needed by the virus to survive. Excess stores of iron in the blood and in the liver can cause progression of the disease and further damage to liver cells, which in turn could lead to fibrosis. We DO NOT want excess iron.
      Read more at:
      http://www.healthyhepper.com/ironuptake.htm