Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] HCV Viral Production Inhibited

  • Arkhepcgal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2009
      I have been trying to find the site to ask a question.

      I've been negative for Hep C-genotype 2b since March 2004; was diagnosed
      with early cirrhosis in February 1999. I was originally diagnosed with Hep C in
      November 1999, did the 3X interferon/ribivirin, went negative right away,
      but relapsed. I did the treatment again in November 2003 using Roche's
      interferon and copegus. I again went negative immediately and have been ever since.

      I've just had an ultrasound, cat scan and an MRI which show a large mass in
      my liver. The gastro doc doesn't seem to think it's cancer and my alpha-
      fetaprotein is negative. I now have to have a 'tri-basic' or 'tri-phase' (?)
      cat scan and I have an appointment to go to the University of Arkansas Medical
      facility in Little Rock at the end of May. (I live in the very northwest
      corner of Arkansas). I also have grade 3 varices along with GERD and Barrett's
      Disease that wreck havoc in my esophagus and get ulcers quite often.

      I know that the liver itself doesn't have pain, but the sheath/skin around
      it has nerves that can hurt. I've have 'deep', sharp aches directly
      underneath and along my rib cage on my right side which seem to be worse after I eat.
      At first I thought it was the ulcer, but now I'm not so sure.

      My question is: Since the liver can regenerate itself, could the docs be
      thinking of removing the side of the liver with the mass and that new,
      undiseased liver tissue will regrow?

      I can't seem to get a clear answer from the nurse and the appointment I have
      in Little Rock will be an assessment type of visit. If surgery is
      recommended, about how long will the recovery be, etc?

      I'm 62 and have over 20 diagnosed diseases/illnesses that I am fighting as
      well as the cirrhosis.

      Do you know of others that have had to have a mass removed and how they did
      after that?

      Thank you,

      Betty Kibat
      Arkhepcgal@...
      **************Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220635228x1201407499/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doub
      leclick.net%2Fclk%3B213153654%3B34689672%3Bo)

    • Doc
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2009