JOBS: Health Writers - About.com

  • alleypat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2007
      >From CL

      We are seeking part-time writer-experts to serve as Guides for
      About.com, a subsidiary of the New York Times Company. As a Guide,
      you'll build and maintain a GuideSite, a topical section of About.com
      which contains:

      * Original content (articles, reviews, FAQs, tutorials) written by
      you
      * A blog featuring your unique voice and personality
      * A directory of the best content in your topic, whether it be your
      own work or links to other sites
      * A discussion forum where you serve as community leader
      * A bio page with your contact info

      All About.com Guides are considered freelancers who work online and set
      their own schedules, giving them the flexibility to log on from
      anywhere in the world whenever they have the time. With no timesheets
      to fill out and no timecards to punch, working for About.com gives you
      the flexibility to write when you want, even if you have a full-time
      day job.

      The compensation is based on page views – the more traffic you get, the
      more money you get. But all Guides, no matter what, make a minimum of
      $725 a month. Want to know more? Visit http://beaguide.about.com

      Guide Openings on the Health Channel
      About.com Health, which consistently ranks as a top health site
      according to Nielsen/NetRatings, has more than 70 health Guides who
      cover a range of topics from asthma to pediatrics and stroke. All new
      Health Guides have their work reviewed by a Medical Review Board
      physician and a health editor.

      We’re currently expanding our health channel and are seeking writers
      for more than 35 different topics, including: Hair Loss, Headaches,
      Hepatitis, Osteoporosis, Acne, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder
      and much, much more.

      Many of our Guides are doctors or nurses with direct clinical
      experience in their topic, and we encourage people with direct clinical
      or research experience to apply. To submit an application, learn more
      about About.com or see our full list of available topics, please visit
      http://beaguide.about.com
      .