Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Hello to all

  • Rep
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
      Good to hear from you doc. I have missed having you available for
      questions. I know that is selfish, but none the less true.
      I hope there are new and wonderful things coming down the pike. And
      I wish the best for you personally. I joined a couple of months
      after the list started and still follow it, rarely responding. I do
      appreciate people posting pertinent studies, so I still read the posts.
      Thanks for starting the list.
      Bob Patton

      On Oct 30, 2006, at 1:58 PM, Doc wrote:

      > Dear List members,
      > At the outset I must apologise for having not been active on the List
      > for quite sometime.
      > My professional work has been overwhelming me for quite a while. I am
      > however happy to note that this community remais vibrant and active.
      >
      > All the best
      >
      > Dr Sharat Misra MD,DM,FACG
      > List owner/moderator

    • avansi7465
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006
        Dear Dr. Misra,

        Your timing could not be better! I have some good news! My latest MRI and endoscopy results were good enough that I no longer score enough points to be elligible for a liver transplant! That's not well, but it's a far cry from where I was 7 years ago, when I developed hemalytic anemia and had to suspend treatment.

        Questions: On lab results, what do low protein and calcium mean I need to do to alter my diet? Is a cholesterol level of 104, with the good stuff being predominant, okay?

        We value you and know that your patients need you. We're happy to know that YOU are okay!

        Thank you,

      • alleypat@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
          Howdy Doc!
          Good to hear from you :)

        • Doc
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2009
            Dear list,Apologies for having stayed away from the list for so long,
            cannot even remember when I last sent a message, 2 or 3 years.There may
            still be some 'older' members who may remember me when I first started
            the list about 8-9 yrs ago.Hep C treatment is much better than before so
            all the best wishes for all of you.
            Regards
            Sharat Misra MD,DM,FACG