great news for me :)

  • Alley Pat
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2006
      Just wanted to share that I got approved for SSDI and will receive my first check in July!! I'm happy, I was so worried I'd be denied right off the bat like a million others, but I guess I had enough terminal stuff wrong with me they got me going fast. I did tell the SS rep that I hoped I'd live long enough to get my first check LOL (and I wasn't but half kidding!).

      Now I can buy those damned expensive meds I've been putting off since all we have now is hubby's insurance, some copays are ridiculous!

      Hope you are all well.

      Alley
      Grand Prairie, TX

    • avansi7465
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 29, 2006
        Dear Alley Pat,

        YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is the best news I've had in DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so pleased for you! See the power of prayer does work!!! Just maybe not the way we'd like the outcome to be.

        So what is the update on your health?

        When you get the back pay check go buy yourself a really nice gift!

        LOL,

      • Alley Pat
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 29, 2006
          I go Friday for a CT scan. I'm doing good other than the usual little things like fatigue, back aches, lack of sleep, no stamina, but I am working on that. I lost a lot when I was off my feet cuz of the sciatica of what I gained while I was working.

          Weekend is almost here. Yall have fun!

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2006
              Happy 4th of July! Hang in there and keep us posted on your results. Eat lots of hot dogs with texas relish! Anne

              >I go Friday for a CT scan. I'm doing good other than the usual little things like fatigue, back aches, lack of sleep, no stamina, but I am working on that. I lost a lot when I was off my feet cuz of the sciatica of what I gained while I was working.
              >
              >Weekend is almost here. Yall have fun!
              >
              >Alley

              >Welcome to GIHepWorld
              >
              >Post message: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
              >Subscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >
              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Alley Pat
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2006
                Oh I don't really like hot dogs LOL :) I plan on just veggin in front of the TV or computer today.

                Got my results Monday. Tumors shrunk another 20%!!!

                Yall have a great 4th!

              • cable mom
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 5, 2006
                  Just saw this email. Congratulations. 20% sounds like a lot.

                  You know where hot dogs taste fabulous? Fenway Park! The only place I ever
                  eat them.

                  Pam in Maine

                  >From: "Alley Pat" <alleypat@...>
                  >To: <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] great news for me :)
                  >Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:49:33 -0500
                  >
                  >Oh I don't really like hot dogs LOL :) I plan on just veggin in front of
                  >the TV or computer today.
                  >
                  >Got my results Monday. Tumors shrunk another 20%!!!
                  >
                  >Yall have a great 4th!
                  >
                  >Alley

                  >Welcome to GIHepWorld
                  >
                  >Post message: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • avansi7465
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 8, 2006
                    THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Alley, I'm so happy, I could cry. There is power in prayer. I'll keep praying. Anne