Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Fw: NATAP: New HCV Drug CPG 10101-FDA Fast Tracks

  • avansi7465
    Message 1 of 7 , May 21, 2006
      Dear Alley<

      I'm so delighted to hear that the tumors are shrinking........that's wonderful!!!!!!

      Insurance is a drag. Thank God that is one thing that I don't have to worry about, although for a time I did.

      Disability should not take months.........more like weeks. I think it took 6 for mine, but I can go back and look it up for you, if you like.

      Can't believe that your job let you go while you were on treatment. You might want to check with their EEO rep on that one. I don't think they can do that unless you were still on probation. But at least you got to go to Holland. Not a bad deal.

      Glad to hear you are writing again. Can I have a quick synopsis? I'm an avid reader, so I"ll be a happy buyer! I've been working on stained glass pieces and jewelry and have sold a surprising amount this Spring. Wish I'd thought to get back to this sooner. It's not a lot, but a couple hundred extra a month is not to be sneezed at (pays for the direct TV, and the internet).

      I got word on Taz from Carol several weeks back. It seems she lost her job because she lied on the application about what she was doing while on treatment and the company found out. I don't know much more than that.

      Keep on writing, girl. Then we cna say we knew you when.............

      TTYL,

    • Alley Pat
      Message 2 of 7 , May 21, 2006
        SSDI said they would contact me with an answer within 90 days. My first check, if I'm approved, they said would be six months or so. They also said there's a waiting period after stopping work. I just said OKOK to get it over with. I know it's all online.

        I had stopped work before and applied, several years ago after I did those two rounds of interferon, and a few years later, (2005) finally returned to work. I never got my birth certificate in time for their deadline and I just gave up after that. Hubby's job and insurance was great then, so I didn't worry about it too much and worked on my writing and web design business.

        Now tho, it's the real thing. No one is going to hire me when I could only work when I feel like it and then limited with energy. In the meantime, I write :).

        Sure, I'm due to write a synopsis/outline soon on it for a workshop and I'll send you a copy :) It's fantasy/romance, more on the fantasy with romantic elements. I want to be able to market it either way, romance a better seller.

        Thanks :)

      • avansi7465
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 26, 2006
          Dear Alley:

          Somehow I missed this post, but didin't delete it. If you want to try for a publisher, you might want to contact Mann Media in Greensboro, N. C. I don't have more of an address, but you should be able to google them.

          Hope this helps.

        • Alley Pat
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 26, 2006
            Thanks Anne, I'm not ready to publish yet, still editing :)