Your Liver and Thymic Protein A

  • scarletpaolicchi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2006
      The following is an excerpt from www.healthyhepper.com ebook
      IMMUNE SYSTEM POWER: Fight and Win Against the Dragon

      THYMIC PROTEIN A - THYMUS EXTRACTS
      What is Thymic Protein A?

      It is a nutritional supplement designed to effect the same biological activity as the protein
      from the human thymus. It is made from cultured cells, not from actual thymus glands.
      The isolated and purified protein is derived from bovine thymus cells.
      Bio Pro Thymic Protein A is packaged in single dose packets, each containing 12 trillion
      biologically active molecules of protein in a base of maltodextrin powder.
      Dr. Tery Beardsley, an immunologist, discovered and patented the way to preserve an
      intact activated protein in the same complete form as would be produced by the human
      thymus.

      How does it work?

      The human thymus is part of the body's endocrine and lymphatic systems. It reaches its
      maximum size at puberty and then begins to gradually shrink as we age.

      It is Dr. Beardsley's belief that age related decreased immunity is due to a lack of properly
      programmed T-cells and the shrinking of the thymus gland. It is said that by age 40, the
      thymus gland is drastically smaller and has very reduced function.

      The thymus gland plays a very important role in cell-mediated immunity. The thymus
      gland produces proteins which "program" T-cells. T-cells (T-lymphocytes) are made by
      the bone marrow and they are white blood cells. T-cells find and kill foreign invaders.
      Without the thymic proteins produced by the thymus, the T-cells are "naive", immature,
      and they will not function.

      Insufficient production of thymic proteins to program the T-cells could allow chronic
      infections and degenerative diseases to develop. If a T-4 (helper) cell is programmed by
      the proper thymic protein it can identify any invader in the bloodstream, and secrete
      proteins called interleukins and interferons which tell the T-8 (killer) cells where to find
      the invader and how to destroy it.

      As explained by Dr. Beardsley, of all the cells in the immune system the t-4 helper cell is
      the most important, it regulates the delicate balance of the immune system by secreting
      certain lympokines and cytokines, among them interleukin-2 and interferon, which act as
      "messengers" to tell specific cells to attack and destroy invading pathogens.

      Essentially, the T-4 cells guide the "killer" cells (T-8, cytotoxic) to attack and destroy
      certain invadig cells such as viruses and cancer cells. Thymic Protein A is designed to be
      the precise thymus protein which is the key to the cell-mediated immune system which
      programs the T-4 lymphocyte (T-4 helper cell).

      A relatively new product (about 5 years old), clinical research does not appear to be
      published yet. Dr. Beardsley is quoted as saying that clinical research is "already
      underway". And that a study is underway on hepatitis C.

      Who else takes Thymic Protein A?

      Naomi Judd! The world-famous celebrity and country singer has recovered from her own
      battle with hepatitis C. AlternativeMedicine.com, in one of their website< articles,
      describes Naomi's health regimen/protocol, "Perhaps one of the most significant therapies
      (for its effect on Naomi's liver) was thymus glandular extract from calves... Naomi's liver
      enzyme levels, which had gone up again after the interferon cycle ended, dropped to
      within the normal range after she added the thymus glandulars to her program."

      The following doctors use it regularly in their practices (or for themselves):

      Drs. Robert Atkins, Abram Ber, Jonathan Wright, Lee Cowden and Serafina Corsello.

      Lloyd Wright, the author of Triumph Over Hepatitis C, who has been "cured" and now tests
      negative for HCV, has tried it. However, he stresses that the "frozen thymus" is far superior
      in many ways and attributes most of his success getting rid of the virus to "live cell frozen
      thymus extract," which is available on his website, hepatitiscfree.com.

      Frozen Thymus Extract

      Lloyd Wright has provided a a statement from the manufacturer of the frozen thymus
      extract, which explains how it is different from Thymic Protein A : "The thymus provided
      by Author and researcher Lloyd Wright is manufactured using our state-of-the-art
      extraction and ultra-filtration process to preserve the integrity of the active thymic
      molecules and peptides. The thymus extract sold by Lloyd Wright provides broad-
      spectrum thymic peptides of 50,000 Daltons or less. Some thymus products have only one
      known peptide (thymic protein A). Moreover, our propritary ultra-filtration technology is a
      chemical solvent free process that eliminates unwanted compounds such as fat and
      fibrous tissues typically found in powders. The live cell thymus provides the molecules in
      the most natural state possible and it is the highest quality peptide complex available.
      Kept frozen to preserve integrity of all peptides.You can read more about this and find out
      how to get it at hepatitiscfree.com.

      When asked to compare Thymic Protein A with thymus extracts, Dr. Beardsley, comments,
      " Extracts of the thymus generally consist of whole thymus gland which is ground and
      dried or strained into liquid and administered in capsules or in sublingual drops. By the
      very nature of how these extracts are processed the resultant product is a conglomeration
      of thymus tissue, cell debris, fragments of thymus proteins and thymus by-products.
      These extracts are only slightly effective because they are mere fragments. To attain full
      effectiveness a protein must have a specific shape with extract transmitter and receptor
      sites."

      Bovine Thymus Extracts

      The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, lists thymus extracts as a treatment for hepatitis C.
      It states that there is good clinical data to support the effectiveness of orally administered
      bovine thymus extracts in treating acute and chronic viral hepatitis. It reports, " The
      effectiveness of the thymus extract in treating viral hepatitis is reflective of broad-
      spectrum immune-system enhancement, presumably mediated by improved thymus gland
      activity."

      Summary

      Dr. Julian Whitaker's Health & Healing Newsletter summarizes,
      "What the single thymic protein that has been isolated by Dr. Beardsley does is take over
      the work that your thymus used to perform - it stimulates the immune system by
      programming T-4 lymphocytes, increasing both their numbers and activity. Since the
      primary function of Thymic Protein A is to program T-4 cells, it is interesting to consider
      the importance of T-4 cells as described by hepatitis C expert Matthew Dolan in The
      Hepatitis C Handbook, "It is the behavior of these cells (T helper cells/CD4) that are
      thought to be the primary indicator of who is likely to clear the virus upon infection and
      who is not.

      Researchers have shown that a strong and multispecific CD4+lymphocyte response to HCV
      proteins is only present in HCV infected patients who successfully clear the virus..."

      The question is does Bio Pro activate a T-cell response to HCV proteins?

      If cell-mediated immunity and the T-cell initiated immune response is important to the
      management or even elimination of HCV (as the most current research reported in
      Matthew Dolan's book seems to suggest) and if Thymic Protein A truly stimulates these
      aspects of the immune system, it would appear to be an attractive product to use.

      Matthew Dolan classifies thymic extracts as an alternative therapy, " It is a branch of cell
      therapy, a treatment approach that is popular for cancer in Germany and involves the
      injection of live cells from (calf) thymus. The general idea is to reinvigorate the immune
      system. There is no accurate reports on its efficacy for hepatitis C yet."

      Method of Use

      The extract should be slowly dissolved under the tongue (where is is absorbed directly
      into the bloodstream), as stomach acids will destroy fragile structure of the protein,
      according to John Anderson, author of the article Resetting The Immune System's
      Thermostat With Thymus Protein on AlternativeMedicine.com.

      MAD COW DISEASE & THYMUS SUPPLEMENTS

      Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) is a fatal brain disease of cattle. The disease is
      believed to be caused by a "self-replicating" protein (a prion) rather than a bacterium or
      virus. Meat and milk have not been shown to carry the infective agent and measures have
      been taken to exclude those parts shown to carry the infective agent (primarily brain and
      nervous tissue) from the food supply.

      According to an article by Amy Norton entitled "Herbal supplements Can Contain Animal
      Parts" (Source: Reuters Health, July 26, 2000), thymus products may contain "raw animal
      parts". Some people are of the persuasion that there is a theoretic possibility of a risk of
      transmitting "mad cow" disease by consuming thymus products.

      Dr. Scott A. Norton, in an interview with Reuters Health, stated, "I would advise all of my
      patients not to take supplements that contain central nervous system tissue from
      animals." The reference to this article comes from HEPCBC.org and it states that the article
      warned readers that not all supplements list their full ingredients, or some people may not
      realize that the word "hypothalamus" means brain tissue, and "orchis" means bull testicles.
      It says that regulatory institutions have little or no power over dietary and herbal
      supplements.

      My opinion is that we should investigate our thymus products mindfully, but that we
      shouldn't jump to irrational and paranoid conclusions. I asked Lloyd Wright about this
      issue and here's what he had to say:

      "There is no evidence of mad cow disease on the north American continent. I hope they
      keep it this way. 1. The thymus is thymus, live cell, no central nervous system in it. 2.
      Again, Natcell thymus is Thymus, nothing else."

      "There are approximately 2000 boxes of natcell thymus sold a week in the US and a whole
      lot more world wide. It is safe. The Natcell thymus is taken from live calves. Most thymus
      products are made from dead cows. There is a huge difference."

      www.healthyhepper.com
    • avansi7465
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2006
        Thanks! That's worth looking into. I always wondered how Naomi did it! Thanks, Anne