ANTIOXIDANTS, FREE RADICALS, AND YOUR LIVER

  • scarletpaolicchi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2006
      The following is an excerpt from the e-book:
      SAVE YOUR LIVER:
      Vital Nutrients Your Liver MUST Have
      www.healthyhepper.ccom

      ANTIOXIDANTS, FREE RADICALS
      & YOUR LIVER

      WHAT ARE FREE RADICALS?

      Free radicals are explained in the book "Prescription for Natural Healing", by James Balch
      as follows: "A free radical is an atom or group of atoms that contains at least one unpaired
      electron. Electrons are negatively charged particles that usually occur in pairs, forming a
      chemically stable arrangement. If an electron is unpaired, another atom or molecule can
      easily bond with it, causing a chemical reaction. Because they join so readily with other
      compounds, free radicals can effect dramatic changes within the body, and they can cause
      a lot of damage...
      The presence of a dangerous number of free radicals can alter the way in which the cells
      code genetic material. Changes in protein structure can occur as a result of errors in
      protein synthesis. The body's immune system may then see this altered protein as a
      foreign substance and then destroy it. The formation of mutated proteins can eventually
      damage the immune system and then lead to cancer and other diseases.
      In addition to damaging genetic material, free radicals can destroy the protective cell
      membranes.

      WHAT ARE ANTIOXIDANTS?
      By destroying free radicals, antioxidants help to detoxify and protect the body. We can
      minimize free radical damage by taking supplements of key nutrients. There is a group of
      vitamins, minerals and enzymes that are classified as antioxidants.
      Antioxidants can be obtained from food sources such as fresh fruits and vegetables, it is
      difficult to get enough of them to be effective in protecting against the cellular damage
      caused by a virus such as hepatitis.

      Since antioxidants protect against cellular damage it is no wonder they are used in health
      regimens prescribed for hepatitis, since hepatitis can do massive free radical damage to
      the liver!

      WHAT ROLE DO ANTIOXIDANTS PLAY IN THE TREATMENT OF HCV?

      A US study confirmed that oxidative stress (from free radical damage) occurs in patients
      with chronic hepatitis and that the levels of the free radicals correlated with the activity of
      the hepatitis.

      There are clinical studies from Italy that suggest that glutathione, a very important liver
      antioxidant, influences hepatitis C in the following ways:
      * impairs the replication of HCV
      * improvement in liver enzyme levels
      * improve liver cell damage
      * make interferon anti-viral therapy more
      effective
      (To see a more detailed description of these clinical studies please see www.thione.com)
      The information provided by some clinical studies done in Spain and Italy suggest that
      there is an important relationship between antioxidants and chronic liver disease,
      specifically hepatitis C.

      Many sources believe that antioxidants are important in the management of patients with
      viral hepatitis, particularly hepatitis C.

      Taking a look at the treatment programs used by "survivors" of HCV (Naomi Judd, among
      many others) one will see that antioxidants were invariably used in their health regimens.
      Antioxidant supplements are believed by many to protect against the free radicals
      generated by the hepatitis C virus.

      OUR REPORTS

      The reports we offer list all the important antioxidants used in treating hepatitis C, along
      with detailed descriptions, suggested dosages, possible interactions with other
      supplements, any clinical studies or research about them, food sources of certain
      antioxidants, and testimonials from hepatitis C survivors.

      THE FIRST E-BOOKS ON THE WEB TO BE EXCLUSIVELY DEVOTED TO NATURAL SOLUTIONS
      FOR HEP C. Ideal for interferon NON-RESPONDERS, those on interferon seeking ADJUNCT
      THERAPY, those who seek ALL NATURAL TREATMENT and those who had to stop
      interferon. www.healthyhepper.com
    • w.landstra
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2006
        HI.Although Iam a SVR for over two years now,tomorow I hve a PCR-test,Iam still interested in prevention and keeping the liver protected.Here again a list of suplements,E-Books etc.The trouble is that there is soooo much of it that I can never decide what to take,there are too many trees in the forest so to speak.Iam waiting for someonewho who all figured it out and give us the basics of the absolute essential supplements.WHO???.Thanks and best whishes to all,willem.

[...]

        Hepatitis c new treatment Hepatitis c testing Hepatitis c virus

      • avansi7465
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 11, 2006
          Thank you for the information. I'll be visiting the site. Anne