Nu-Liver

  • Richard Barr
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 25, 2005
      Is anyone familiar with this product? It came to me from Google which
      sends me all press releases and news on Hep C. I can't tell if this is a
      sales pitch or a valid scientific study.

      Proven Herbal Remedy Uses Chinese Medicine to Fight Hepatitis C
      Liver Disease Naturally and Restore Overall Health

      A natural herbal medicine from the Orient that reverses
      hepatitis c liver disease safely, is now being made available outside of
      China. Nu-Liver, a natural herbal formula for hepatitis c can normalize
      liver enzymes, lower viral loads, and halt the progression of hepatitis c
      disease.

      Southfield, MI, November 23, 2005 --(PR.COM)-- Samglo
      Enterprises announces the introduction of Nu-Liver, a natural herbal
      medicine from the Orient that reverses Hepatitis C liver disease safely and
      with virtually no side effects.

      Doctors working in during the past 4 decades have demonstrated
      scientifically that certain herbal medicine can naturally suppress the
      Hepatitis C virus in humans. Using this scientific discovery, they have
      created a powerful herbal medicine formula that combines both anti-viral and
      liver-protective properties. One of the major herbal medicine formulations
      used by many Chinese doctors to treat over 50 million Chinese patients with
      Hepatitis C, Nu-Liver herbal remedy is NOW available outside of China.

      This herbal medicine is virtually non-toxic and eliminates the
      devastating side effects often experienced by those who take the standard
      western treatment consisting of interferon and ribavirin. Nearly all
      patients who take interferon for Hepatitis C will experience side effects
      that can potentially damage their thyroid gland, red blood cells, stomach
      and pancreas. This powerful Chinese herbal medicine formulation is designed
      to lower the Hepatitis C viral load, reduce or normalize liver enzyme
      levels, and halt disease progression, without the severe side effects from
      "chemical drugs" that are often worse than the disease itself. And when
      liver functions are normalized, patients with Hepatitis C can maintain a
      normal or near normal quality of life.

      You can learn more about Nu-Liver and this remarkable herbal
      remedy by visiting www.nu-liver.com or www.hepatitisc-remedy.com

      ###

      Contact Information
      Samglo Enterprises
      Jack Bloom
      248-356-4197
      hepatitisc-remedy@...
      www.hepatitisc-remedy.com

    • alleypat@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 25, 2005
        "Nu-Liver, a natural herbal formula for hepatitis c can normalize
        liver enzymes, lower viral loads, and halt the progression of hepatitis c
        disease."

        I don't doubt it can normalize the ALT's, maybe even stabilize the VL's, but halting progression of hep c doesn't happen just because you do those two things. They used to think that, but don't anymore. Tho it's better to have the lower/normal than not.

        I've been reading about HCV for many many years now and heard a lot of things. You have to learn how to read between the lines and who is writing the article (or sponsoring it).

        I have a more "wait and see" attitude because eventually, something will break thru, and it'll hit in a big way. And it won't be one little herb that one little article talks about.

        Good luck

      • avansi7465
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 25, 2005
          Well, they obviously want to sell it to us, but I'm not sure about the validity of the study, either. I'll have to check into this and get back to you. I'm all for using vitamins to help us. I think the milk thistle has lessened the effects of the HCV on me. I can't prove that, which is why scientists and physicians call this anecdotal evidence. However, some of these vitamin remedies are excellent. The vitamin that slows macular degeneration is an excellent example. NEI/NIH recommends it and my Mother can attest to the fact that it works, particularly if it's caught soon enough. At any rate, I'll save your e-mail, do some digging and get back to you.

          Thanks for sharing this.

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 25, 2005
            what vitamin slows mac whatever it is?

          • w.landstra

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 26, 2005
                  Dear Alley,

                  mac? you mean melanoma..........none that I know of. What's the latest word? Feel free to write me at avansi7465@..., since this isn't HCV.

                  What have you decided to do about treatment? Having spent my working career in the medical field, I do know people who have walked in shoes similar to your who are still around to tell about it. One of them is in her late 80's and was treated back when there wasn't much to work with.

                  You listen, girl. We've all been through a lot together. Don't lose it now! You are a fighter.........you have grandchildren that need a grandmother. You have a husband who needs to have his wife around. You have a friend who is being selfish.....I NEED you. So, if you won't fight for yourself, you will fight for all of us. How's that for a selfish, bitchy pep talk.

                  What can we do for you to ease those burdens that will become difficult to carry? One thing I can do-long distance-is send your Christmas cards for you :-). Sorry, that's one of those things that takes me all of the months of Dec. and Jan. to get done. And one of the things I forced myself to do on treatment.

                  Where in Texas are you?

                  We love ya and will lend our support in anyway possible,

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 26, 2005
                    Hi,

                    Willem was faster than I was. He's right they do list the ingredients. I checked several websites and called my uncle, who is Chinese. The company is reputable. He mentioned the pesticides, too. Since they arent' sending this in "washable form", I'm not sure what to do about that. My theory is-having grown up in eastern N. C. in the 50's 60's and 70's, I've already been exposed to everything that the Chinese are using, first hand. I'm surprised Dow didn't recommend we bathe in it. At any rate, I'm going to give it a whirl after the holidays and I'll let you know if it has any "rich" surprises.

                    Again, thanks for sharing.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 27, 2005
                      I think she was talking about macular degeneration. The only think I've
                      heard for it over-the-counter is lutein.

                      Pam (Maine)

                      From: alleypat@...
                      To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 05:48:50 +0000

                      what vitamin slows mac whatever it is?

                      Hepatitis c new treatment Hepatitis c testing Hepatitis c virus

                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                      Visit your group "GIWorld-Hepatitis" on the web.

                    • avansi7465
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 27, 2005
                        Hi Pam,

                        I was talking about macular degeneration, but I was just using that as an example of otc's that work. Lutein is one of the ingredients in the formula. There is one for smokers which doesn't have beta carotene in it; and one for non-smoker's which does.

                        After some more searcing around, I agree with Alley. It probably does slow the disease down to some degree, but cure...........that's a stretch!

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 27, 2005
                          This reminds me of Liverite which I took for several months. My hep dr.
                          pronounced it bullshit when I showed him the bottle. I think he said it even
                          had animal liver in it. I see it's now in the herbal section of the drugstore.
                          I had to get it online back in '99.

                          The only way to test the efficacy of Nu-Liver is through blood tests -
                          before and a year later. Any improvement? Is it worth the cost? I'm just
                          sayin'.

                          Jane