Tat.

  • w.landstra
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 2005
      HI.Thanks for the response.I got in touch with her .She.s allrigt for the moment.It.s a good things that she knows that there are people out there who care.I wish this would be a happier world.God,or whatever spirit you call it,bless all people who care.Willem.

    • avansi7465
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 21, 2005
        Dear Willem,
        Thanks for keeping us posted. I have endless long distance within the continental US. So if you have a number, I'll call her. Maybe a trip to the South would make her feel better. Chicago is pretty depressing any time, but in the winter it's a pit. My friend Nila has offered some of her frequent flyer miles. I don't think I have enough to get her here and back to Chicago.

        I, too, wish this could be a happier world. My pastor sent me something not too long ago-a quote: God's Will never sends you where God's grace won't sustain you. That sounds good on paper until you remember that we have free will. Then you have to stop and think. Yuk!

        Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving, even though it isn't your holiday! Go thank a friend for being there. And I thank you, and Tat.

        I have some good news! My G. I. called this morning with the results from my MRI. No spots or gray areas like the CT scan had. We were sort of holding our collective breath thing the big C word, but all is normal for a 50 year old Hepper.

        Hang in there,

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 21, 2005
          Willem,
          So glad to hear you got in contact with Tat. With her permission, I
          would sure like to have an address so I can send her a care package.

          Hugs,
          Susan

        • Lorad8@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 21, 2005
            Willem,

            Thank you so very much for keeping us posted on Tat. Send her our best love
            and wishes.

            Lora

          • alleypat@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 22, 2005
              Glad to hear it Anne!

            • alleypat@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 22, 2005
                Glad you found her Willem. Tell her she can contact me anytime. I used to have her info and lost it. Saw her online a few weeks ago.

                My Dutch friend Annette is coming to town this Jan! yiipee. I hope I can go to Holland next fall, maybe sooner. We'll see.

              • Jane2370@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 27, 2005
                  In a message dated 11/21/2005 3:04:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  w.landstra@... writes:

                  HI.Thanks for the response.I got in touch with her .She.s allrigt for the
                  moment.

                  Willem, I'm glad you're her lifeline to us. Seriously, if things get bad
                  and she needs something - even, a friggin' bathrobe - I'd be happy to internet
                  shop it to her. If she mentions any personal items she needs, you can e-mail
                  me privately. If Tat thinks a fund is being set up, she won't ask. People
                  have their pride, I know. Stuff (used or new) can be mailed and I think she
                  could accept that. I know I would.

                  Jane

                • avansi7465
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 28, 2005
                    Dear Willem,

                    Jane's right! When things got really bad, my cousin sent me all the clothes she'd "grown too fat for". I was so thin my size 10's looked rediculous on me (remind me to tell you about the time I lost my underwear on a sidewalk). At any rate, I save newspaper food coupons. I can mail those, easily. Let us know what we can do, okay? We're here, you're on the other side of the Atlantic. Worst case scenario, I can drive to Chicago.......it might take me two weeks, but I'll manage.

                    Thanks,