Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Fwd: NATAP: Pot Blocks IFN Suppression of HCV

  • alleypat@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2005
      Does that mean it blocks only those on interferon? It's talking about "interferon-mediated suppression " Not sure that follows through for people not on interferon? or who are negative due to treatment?

      "Compared to controls, MA and THC produced a 40-62% decrease in HCV replication. These effects were most marked after 12 hours of exposure. As expected, IFN (5000 IU/ml) produced a 90% inhibition of HCV replication. "

      Seems to be saying MA & THC inhibit HCV replication to some degree?

      I didn't see anything about affecting the liver in the article. But I only scanned thru it.

      Alley
      www.geocities.com/dfwhcv