Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] HCV Found in Autopsy Brain Tissue

  • alleypat@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 11, 2005
      Anne, I know how you feel.

      I've been cursing my HCV for days now. It's kept me out of a gene threrapy study for malignant melanoma. So now I have to do chemo. My liver is NOT gonna like that. sigh

      Sometimes I think God just doesn't like me.

      Maybe next week will be better.

    • avansi7465
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 12, 2005
        Alley,

        I missed something along the way. I thought the melanoma was a past issue and no longer a problem. What kind of chemo? Prayers just started. And next week will be better.

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 15, 2005
          Thanks Anne. No, the melanoma was removed and some lymph nodes several years ago. It was present in one lymph node then. In July I had another melanoma in the same area so had all the lymph nodes removed there (well all they can get). Then I went to apply for a melanoma vaccine trial and the CT scans revealed it had spread to my lungs. I applied to a gene trial (trying to avoid toxic crap) but didn't qualify due to my active HCV. So now I'm looking at other trials iwth different types of medications (chemo). The doctor says without treatment, I'll live 6 to 9 months. That's a little hard to take in LOL. A lot depends on how fast it grows and all that rot. I'm not looking forward to treatment, but I am looking forward to living :).

          Alley,

          I missed something along the way. I thought the melanoma was a past issue and no longer a problem. What kind of chemo? Prayers just started. And next week will be better.

          I've been cursing my HCV for days now. It's kept me out of a gene threrapy study for malignant melanoma. So now I have to do chemo. My liver is NOT gonna like that. sigh

          Sometimes I think God just doesn't like me.

          Maybe next week will be better.

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "GIWorld-Hepatitis" on the web.

        • avansi7465
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
            Dear Alley,

            I had to read this a few times before I could stop crying long enough to respond. If this were a perfect world, whatever you decide (chemo-wise) to take for this would also kill the HCV. Of course, if this were a perfect world, none of us would have HCV or melanomas in the first place.

            We've been through the squamous cell several times, but never the melanoma....and it was always caught before it metastasized Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. We're too far away to cook and clean or baby sit the grandchildren, but we'd like to help in anyway we can.

            Of course this is your decision, but I'd do the treatment.

            Please keep me posted.

            Prayers, Hugs, and energy,