Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Help from Cuba to New Orleans

  • avansi7465
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2005
      Amen! Officials seem to be having a very difficult time getting the die-hards to leave. After Floyd, we were without water for two weeks, but we had a generator and a neighbor had a well. So we boiled water, first on the grill and then on the gass stoves. I wouldn't want to live like that forever, but it is managable, if you prepare. Once we got water, we still couldn't use it for anything but flushing comodes. Somewhere in that time frame, I considered building an outhouse........even offered up the shed. The good news is we had very little sewage back up, but our water still isn't right. We were lucky, unlike the people in Princeville who's town virtually disappeared. Their levy broke. The townspeople sandbagged prior to the storm and during.....to no avail.

      I have a friend who is a physician in New Orleans. He's a professor at Tulane. I'm forwarding your e-mail to him as a reminder, although I'm sure someone has already had that thought. The refugees here are already being tested for Hep A and other things........especially the children entering our school system. More later, Anne