RedNova News - Health - Roche Opens World's Largest PCR Manufacturing Site

  • Shshonee (Alley)
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=222769&source=r_health

      Roche Opens World's Largest PCR Manufacturing Site
      Roche Diagnostics, one of the world's leading researchfocused healthcare groups in the fields of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, recently dedicated its new, state-of-the-art Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Manufacturing Center in Branchburg. As a result of this facility, which is now the largest PCR manufacturing site in the world, Roche will be able to respond to the increasing market demand for its products, including the industry-leading diagnostic kits based on its Nobel-prize winning PCR technology.

      "Since we started the molecular diagnostics market in the early 1990s, we have built a facility in Branchburg and in Nutley, which was the starting point," Heino von Prondzynski, CEO division of Roche Diagnostics, explains. "Because the expertise was here, and we couldn't extend the Belleville site further, we decided to expand on this greenfield."