Thymus extract etc.

  • Pamela Venus
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
      Has anyone used any of Lloyd Wright's products like the thymus extract etc.?
      I checked out his website after seeing the post on his radio show & book
      (They are very expensive!). BTW, I noticed that Mellody Beattie was also
      going to be on the radio program for Hep C awareness-does she have Hep C?

      Love & blessings,

      Pamela Venus

      Sun, Wind, Sand and Sea wash over me like a blessing.

      The breath of the Goddess whispering
      "Welcome home."

    • cable mom
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
        Dear Pamela Venus,

        When I first learned I had hep C, I tried something called Thymic Therapy.
        I only used it for 6 months but it was enough to send me into Graves
        Disease, hyperactive thyroid. The upshot of it was that I was irradiated to
        kill my thymus so I could start HCV therapy. The doctor said my thymus
        would eventually die but it would take over a year and they wanted me to
        start therapy. Destroying your own organ is not a good feeling. I now take
        thyroid medication and must continue for life. After all this I learned
        that messing with your thyroid is an absolute no-no.

        Needless to say I recommend not using any kind of thyroid supplement.

        Pam in Maine

        >From: "Pamela Venus" <goddesspv@...>
        >To: <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Thymus extract etc.
        >Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:30:46 -0400
        >
        >Has anyone used any of Lloyd Wright's products like the thymus extract
        >etc.?
        >I checked out his website after seeing the post on his radio show & book
        >(They are very expensive!). BTW, I noticed that Mellody Beattie was also
        >going to be on the radio program for Hep C awareness-does she have Hep C?
        >

        >Love & blessings,
        >
        >Pamela Venus
        >

        > Sun, Wind, Sand and Sea wash over me like a
        >blessing.
        >
        > The breath of the Goddess whispering
        >"Welcome home."

      • avansi7465
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
          Ditto from me! I went to both MUSC and EVMA and read up on both the organ and what damaged it. This research didn't occur because of my HCV, but because a friend had cancer of the thymus, something that I had never heard of before. At any rate, the thyroid and the thymus are two organs that need to be treated professional, if treated at all.

          Who is Ms. Beattie? Sorry for my ignorance.

          Hanging in there and cringing,