Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] werkin gurl/Bextra

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 14, 2005
      >claudineintexas@... writes:

      >My chiropractor told me a long time ago to quit driving a >standard.

      Claudine, did your chiropractor give you a reason for that?
      Yes. I have back problems. Mostly my neck, but my lower back and especially the left sacroiliac joint/hip area ache and will flare up now and again. He said having to push the clutch in over and over was aggravating my lower back. I started driving a Jeep Liberty last November, and it is automatic and the seat also has great lumbar support. My lower back began to feel better almost immediately, but very gradually my neck has gotten better too. I never expected that, but since it's all connected I guess it makes sense!

    • Mark Middle Mountain
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 15, 2005
        > >My chiropractor told me a long time ago to quit driving a >standard.
        >

        > Claudine, did your chiropractor give you a reason for that?
        > Yes. I have back problems.

        I thought it was because you popped the clutch in his parking lot and
        broadsided him while backing out :-)
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 15, 2005
          In a message dated 4/15/2005 1:02:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          claudineintexas@... writes:

          Yes. I have back problems. Mostly my neck, but my lower back and especially
          the left sacroiliac joint/hip area ache and will flare up now and again. He
          said having to push the clutch in over and over was aggravating my lower back.
          I started driving a Jeep Liberty last November, and it is automatic and the
          seat also has great lumbar support. My lower back began to feel better almost
          immediately, but very gradually my neck has gotten better too. I never
          expected that, but since it's all connected I guess it makes sense

          Okay, that does make sense. I'm delighted for you. My mine is right side,
          which is probably why know one has suggested that to me. We bought an
          automatic, but I hate it. It's the first one I've owned in years and it is taking
          me forever to get used to it. I have some exercises that my orthopedic
          surgeon gave me, if you'd like for me to pass them on. Anything that lessens one
          problem is a good thing.
          Thanks,

        • Shshonee (Alley)
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
            And I got PAID!!!!!

            Makes all the aches and pain worth it................. sort of haha. :)

            Some days I wondered how I'd make it. But it's coming along. My feet and
            legs hurt like mad tho, even when I'm not working. Anyone use those leg wrap
            things that massage? I had one in the hospital when I had surgery.

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
              In a message dated 4/16/2005 12:03:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              shshonee@... writes:

              Some days I wondered how I'd make it. But it's coming along. My feet and
              legs hurt like mad tho, even when I'm not working. Anyone use those leg wrap
              things that massage? I had one in the hospital when I had surgery

              Ask your doc about a Tenz unit? they work miracles! Anne

            • Shshonee (Alley)
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
                Isn't that what chiropractors use? I hate them. lol things like that just irritate the *** out of me :)

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
                  In a message dated 4/16/2005 3:37:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                  shshonee@... writes:

                  Isn't that what chiropractors use? I hate them. lol things like that just
                  irritate the *** out of me :)

                  My orthopedic surgeon gave me mine at the same time he told me that my
                  injuries made me a VERY poor candidate for surgery. Bear in mind that he did not
                  know that I had HCV at that point. However, had he suggested surgeon, that
                  information would have been the next sentence out of my mouth.
                  Oh well, just a thought.