Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] question about meds

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12, 2005
      In a message dated 4/11/2005 5:35:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      claudineintexas@... writes:

      I think you really need to take ALL your meds. Who changed your insurance?
      Is this a group policy from an employer? Is there a person in charge of the
      insurance/human resources that you can go and talk to? They may be able to
      find a way to get your meds for you. There is usually some type of provision for
      people with ongoing medical treatments when a company changes insurance
      companies. Don't let them brush you off. I can't say for sure, but this may be
      covered under HIPAA requirements.

      Dear Tammie,

      I think that you should take all your meds, too. Especially in light of the
      fact that they are working.

      Even with the insurance change, the doc and or pharmacy still has to bill
      the insurance company, which takes awhile, then you get to stall, and they
      rebill, then you get to stall, again. By that time you will have had time to
      take the issue to whoever at the new insurance has five firing brain cells that
      work at the same time, and resolve your issues with them. They cannot, by
      law, interrupt your treatment, but they can carry on a 6 month battle trying to
      do just that. They may pay without quibbling, ya never know. If it sounds
      like I've been there and done that, it's because I have. In the middle of
      mine, the gov't. decided to not renew their contract with Humana and award it to
      Health Net Fed, which is/was one of their worst mistakes of late. Health Net
      Fed has somehow decided that Champus doesn't exist and therefore we have no
      primary insurance. This too shall be resolved. In the meantime, I continue
      on as before, MCV screams at them, I scream at them; I write my congressmen;
      MCV screams some more; I scream some more; and eventually, they get paid.
      Took almost a year, but it got done. So do not discontinue your treatment.
      Now, I get to fight to get the docs paid. One battle at a time. I started
      with the highest bill and am now down to the lesser ones. The ones they think
      I'll pay, if they keep refusing. I pay my co-pay, period the end. Your docs,
      etc. are used to dealing with snarly insurance companies, they'll
      understand.

      Hang in there,

    • Shshonee (Alley)
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 12, 2005
        I actually traded doses with a lady in my area. I got 3 mo at a time in the mail and she changed insurance in the middle was was gonna miss a few weeks of shots in the middle of her treatment so I fronted her some and she returned it when she got hers. Work thru your doctor and your local hep support groups. Things can be worked around if it's just a couple.

        No, it's not legal and I am not advocating doing that haha