Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Hepatitis B and Vaccination

  • wim landstra
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2005
      Hi Asalaam Aleikum Sameer,lots of happiness and lots of children.People on
      the group wll answere yr question.Willem.
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2005
        Hepatitis B can be sexually transmitted. Certainly she should get the
        vaccine, but I am wondering, have you got treatment for HBV? There are some
        treatments available, not that familiar with them, but that should be an
        immediate concern to you, I would think.
      • Sameer Khalid
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2005
          no, the virus is not active in my body now. i am ok. been positive
          for 1.5 years. no probs. there are treatments for hep B like
          interferon and lumidavine. but they are only if the virus activates
          and attacks the body. there are not treatment to remove the virus
          from the body. so not for me

          I wanted to know if wife has been vaccinated, will I pass on the
          virus to our kids( yet to be born ) thru the sperm or something.

          Thanks for the reply.

          --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Middle Mountain"
          <gourdmad@o...> wrote:

          > Hepatitis B can be sexually transmitted. Certainly she should get
          the
          > vaccine, but I am wondering, have you got treatment for HBV? There
          are some
          > treatments available, not that familiar with them, but that should
          be an
          > immediate concern to you, I would think.
        • Shshonee (Alley)
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2005
            Sameer,

            I have HBV antibodies. It isn't active. I have 2 healthy kids and a hubby who hasn't been vaccinated (he's stubborn). Have your spouse vaccinated and your kids after they are born (my personal recommendation is wait longer than usual, I don't trust vaccinations too soon after birth, even vets won't vaccination too early sheesh) and you'll be fine :)

            Alley
            HBV, HCV active

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2005
              In a message dated 3/8/2005 2:07:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              desert_orion@... writes:

              no, the virus is not active in my body now. i am ok. been positive
              for 1.5 years. no probs. there are treatments for hep B like
              interferon and lumidavine. but they are only if the virus activates
              and attacks the body. there are not treatment to remove the virus
              from the body. so not for me

              This is my understanding of what I've read.......Unless the virus is active
              in your body, you will not sexually transmit it to your spouse. In fact, I
              can't find any reference that implies that it would pass to your child.
              However, there is some evidence, if I can find the study that I read, that
              implies fatty liver could result in children. Let me look some more, before you
              worry about that. Alley probably knows more about this.