Re: Something special-O.T.

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2005
      HI folks,
      I don't normally do this, but this came from a friend of mine who recently
      lost her daughter. She included me. I'd like to include all of you.
      Gentlemen, please do not be offended. If you knew where this woman lived you'd
      understand. Anne

      TO THE WONDERFUL WOMEN IN MY CIRCLE

      When I was little, I used believe in the concept of one best friend,
      and then I started to become a woman. And then I found out that if you
      allow
      your heart to open up, life would show you the best in many friends.

      One friend's best is needed when you're going through things with your
      children. Another friend's best is needed when you're going through things
      with your mother. Another when you want to shop, share, heal hurt,
      joke, or just be.

      One friend will say let's pray together, another let's cry together,
      another let's fight together, another's let's walk away together.

      One friend will meet your spiritual need, another your shoe fetish,
      another your love for movies, another will be with you in your season of
      confusion, another will be your clarifier, another the wind beneath your
      wings.

      But whatever their assignment in your life, on whatever the occasion,
      on whatever the day, or wherever you need them to meet you with their
      gym shoes on and hair pulled back or to hold you back from making a
      complete fool of yourself...those are your friends.

      It may all be wrapped up in one woman, but for many it's wrapped up
      in several...one from 7th grade, weveral from high school, several from
      the college years, a couple from old jobs, several from church, on some
      days your mother, on others your sisters, and on some days it's the one
      that you needed just for that day or week that you needed someone with a
      fresh perspective, or the one who didn't know all your baggage, or the one
      who would just listen without judging...those are good best friends.

      I thank my girlfriends, those who honor intimacy, those who hold
      trust, and those who hold me up when life is just too heavy!
      The special bond we share is precious.

      Thanks for the words we've shared, the prayers we've sent up,
      the laughs, the tears, the phone calls, the emails, the shopping,
      the talking, talking, and
      the listening, listening, listening....

      So whether you've been there 20 minutes or 20 years, I love you and
      Thank You!