Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: started treatment today

  • Shshonee (Alley)
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
      When I was on the high dose interferon for the skin cancer, I got some hellacious shakes and chills. I took Ativan to calm that and sleep.

      Why do you have to take the shots in the doctor's office? I'm curious. Not that it's a bad thing. I never took any of the treatment shots in my doc's office. Even the cancer interferon, except for the IV treatments.

      Sounds like you're doing great! Good luck.

      Alley
      www.alleypat.com
      www.geocities.com/dfwhcv

    • Mark Middle Mountain
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
        > Why do you have to take the shots in the doctor's office?

        Just the first three. The first week they take baseline blood tests and the
        nurse showed me how to take the shot. She does it a little different than in
        the Pegasys video. This next week I have to do it myself, and show her I
        learned, plus more blood tests. The third week also have to go in and get
        more tests, by then maybe I won't have to take the shot in office. I was
        sent the pharmceuticals directly, so have to bring them in.

        The doc wants both me and my wife in for the first 3 weeks, then every other
        week if things seem to be going right, for the first two months. Part of it
        is to get feedback from my wife on my emotional state, or as he put it "I
        need to know if he is sitting out in the garage with his gun." (he may not
        use that exact wording with every patient:-) I assured him that I have no
        intention of suicide, but if I ever get really depressed, pity the fool who
        tries to mug me, because I either get to keep my money or it will be death
        by mugger. (only half kidding).

        Once I get past the first shots, they will all be at home.
      • wim landtra
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
          HI.Mark is a footballplayer,they.re raft,taft people and mabye the Doc.
          thought that he would simply jab the needle in and do some damage to the
          underlying tissues or veins.Or mabye the Doc. has a nice nurse- assistant
          and Mark thought.......Liefs Willem.

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
            In a message dated 3/1/2005 11:07:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            gourdmad@... writes:

            "I
            need to know if he is sitting out in the garage with his gun." (he may not
            use that exact wording with every patient:-) I assured him that I have no

            I like your doctor..........that's pretty close to what Nemec said to me.
            "I'm writing you a script for Paxel. It takes awhile for antidepressants to
            kick in and knowing you, you probably own a gun." At that point in history,
            it the gun in question was a shotgun and I assured him that I wouldn't NOT
            leave that kind of mess for David to clean up. We both got a chuckle out of it.
            I didn't take the Paxel and wasn't depressed other than the normal...."I
            feel like death warmed over-depressed." The mugger did win, but I didn't have
            my shotgun with me, either.
            :-)))))))))))) Anne

          • tammster62
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
              --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Middle Mountain"
              <gourdmad@o...> wrote:

              > The doc wants both me and my wife in for the first 3 weeks, then
              every other
              > week if things seem to be going right, for the first two months.

              WOW!!! The nurse gave me the sample box and sent me home to watch the
              video. I have never seen the doc since and I only have 10 weeks left.
              I have a blood test when I feel that something isn't right, but other
              than that, there is no contact. BUT, I have had no real problems
              either.
              <><Tammie><>
            • Shshonee (Alley)
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
                Well word of warning, not all antidepressants are the same. All serontonin anti d's make me depressed. Go figure. And I didn't know it till my GI prescribed them. so be aware and you'll be fine :)

                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 2, 2005
                  In a message dated 3/1/2005 3:34:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                  t1d1r1d1@... writes:

                  WOW!!! The nurse gave me the sample box and sent me home to watch the
                  video. I have never seen the doc since and I only have 10 weeks left.
                  I have a blood test when I feel that something isn't right, but other
                  than that, there is no contact. BUT, I have had no real problems
                  either.

                  Tammie,
                  You should be having labs done at least every two weeks........Gee it's a
                  good thing your not anemic, etc.
                  Thank God you've weathered this okay.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 2, 2005
                    In a message dated 3/1/2005 11:12:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                    shshonee@... writes:

                    Well word of warning, not all antidepressants are the same. All serontonin
                    anti d's make me depressed. Go figure. And I didn't know it till my GI
                    prescribed them. so be aware and you'll be fine :)

                    Isn't it wonderful when the "cure" makes you worse off than no cure at
                    all...............

                  • tammster62
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 3, 2005
                      I did do the blood tests regular at the beginning of all of this, but
                      never saw the doc. I have been on Epogen almost the whole time for
                      anemia, and I have been off and on Neupogen for low white count. I
                      have had absolutely no problem with depression and only slight
                      nausea. I have lost a lot of my hair (no bald spots, but very thin)
                      and I have lost about 35 pounds (huge grin).
                      Yes, God has blessed me through this.
                      <><TammieD><>

                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 4, 2005
                        In a message dated 3/3/2005 8:38:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                        t1d1r1d1@... writes:

                        Yes, God has blessed me through this.

                        As he has us all. Anne