Re: started treatment today

  • Mark Middle Mountain
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 28, 2005
      TX guys. It really hasn't been too bad so far, maybe it will get worse but
      until then....

      I did do a clean out before startign, I don't know if that made a
      difference. Ate only fruit and fruit juices for 4 days, then 2 days water
      with 1 tablespoon fresh lemone juice, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and 1/4
      teaspoon gound cayenne in a each glass. Then 2 more days furit and juices
      and 2 days slowly returning to regular diet. I felt better after doing that
      and my theory is that by cleaning out the sides would be easier. Maybe it is
      just psychological.

      I'll have to see but not intimidated yet :-) Of course, with cirhossis, my
      normal life is pretty low key already so no great cultural shock to go thru.
      Will see how I feel in May when the summer soccer season starts, that will
      be the real barometer. I am emotionally coaching myself I may not be able to
      play so if I can't I won't be too disappointed, and if I can, yeeha !
    • Shshonee (Alley)
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
        When I was on the high dose interferon for the skin cancer, I got some hellacious shakes and chills. I took Ativan to calm that and sleep.

        Why do you have to take the shots in the doctor's office? I'm curious. Not that it's a bad thing. I never took any of the treatment shots in my doc's office. Even the cancer interferon, except for the IV treatments.

        Sounds like you're doing great! Good luck.

        Alley
        www.alleypat.com
        www.geocities.com/dfwhcv

      • Mark Middle Mountain
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
          > Why do you have to take the shots in the doctor's office?

          Just the first three. The first week they take baseline blood tests and the
          nurse showed me how to take the shot. She does it a little different than in
          the Pegasys video. This next week I have to do it myself, and show her I
          learned, plus more blood tests. The third week also have to go in and get
          more tests, by then maybe I won't have to take the shot in office. I was
          sent the pharmceuticals directly, so have to bring them in.

          The doc wants both me and my wife in for the first 3 weeks, then every other
          week if things seem to be going right, for the first two months. Part of it
          is to get feedback from my wife on my emotional state, or as he put it "I
          need to know if he is sitting out in the garage with his gun." (he may not
          use that exact wording with every patient:-) I assured him that I have no
          intention of suicide, but if I ever get really depressed, pity the fool who
          tries to mug me, because I either get to keep my money or it will be death
          by mugger. (only half kidding).

          Once I get past the first shots, they will all be at home.
        • wim landtra
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
            HI.Mark is a footballplayer,they.re raft,taft people and mabye the Doc.
            thought that he would simply jab the needle in and do some damage to the
            underlying tissues or veins.Or mabye the Doc. has a nice nurse- assistant
            and Mark thought.......Liefs Willem.

            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
              In a message dated 3/1/2005 11:07:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              gourdmad@... writes:

              "I
              need to know if he is sitting out in the garage with his gun." (he may not
              use that exact wording with every patient:-) I assured him that I have no

              I like your doctor..........that's pretty close to what Nemec said to me.
              "I'm writing you a script for Paxel. It takes awhile for antidepressants to
              kick in and knowing you, you probably own a gun." At that point in history,
              it the gun in question was a shotgun and I assured him that I wouldn't NOT
              leave that kind of mess for David to clean up. We both got a chuckle out of it.
              I didn't take the Paxel and wasn't depressed other than the normal...."I
              feel like death warmed over-depressed." The mugger did win, but I didn't have
              my shotgun with me, either.
              :-)))))))))))) Anne

            • tammster62
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
                --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Middle Mountain"
                <gourdmad@o...> wrote:

                > The doc wants both me and my wife in for the first 3 weeks, then
                every other
                > week if things seem to be going right, for the first two months.

                WOW!!! The nurse gave me the sample box and sent me home to watch the
                video. I have never seen the doc since and I only have 10 weeks left.
                I have a blood test when I feel that something isn't right, but other
                than that, there is no contact. BUT, I have had no real problems
                either.
                <><Tammie><>
              • Shshonee (Alley)
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Well word of warning, not all antidepressants are the same. All serontonin anti d's make me depressed. Go figure. And I didn't know it till my GI prescribed them. so be aware and you'll be fine :)

                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 2, 2005
                    In a message dated 3/1/2005 3:34:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                    t1d1r1d1@... writes:

                    WOW!!! The nurse gave me the sample box and sent me home to watch the
                    video. I have never seen the doc since and I only have 10 weeks left.
                    I have a blood test when I feel that something isn't right, but other
                    than that, there is no contact. BUT, I have had no real problems
                    either.

                    Tammie,
                    You should be having labs done at least every two weeks........Gee it's a
                    good thing your not anemic, etc.
                    Thank God you've weathered this okay.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 2, 2005
                      In a message dated 3/1/2005 11:12:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                      shshonee@... writes:

                      Well word of warning, not all antidepressants are the same. All serontonin
                      anti d's make me depressed. Go figure. And I didn't know it till my GI
                      prescribed them. so be aware and you'll be fine :)

                      Isn't it wonderful when the "cure" makes you worse off than no cure at
                      all...............

                    • tammster62
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 3, 2005
                        I did do the blood tests regular at the beginning of all of this, but
                        never saw the doc. I have been on Epogen almost the whole time for
                        anemia, and I have been off and on Neupogen for low white count. I
                        have had absolutely no problem with depression and only slight
                        nausea. I have lost a lot of my hair (no bald spots, but very thin)
                        and I have lost about 35 pounds (huge grin).
                        Yes, God has blessed me through this.
                        <><TammieD><>

                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 4, 2005
                          In a message dated 3/3/2005 8:38:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                          t1d1r1d1@... writes:

                          Yes, God has blessed me through this.

                          As he has us all. Anne