Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Hepatitis Neighborhood : Viruses Newly Named as Cance...

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2005
      In a message dated 2/24/2005 2:18:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      shshonee@... writes:

      by inactive I meant it's done it's thing and all I have are antibodies. 80%
      of people who get Hep B clear, the antibodies remain

      80% of Hep C people don't clear, wierd huh?

      Okay. I've had Hep A and I'm clear except for antibodies. It is weird.
      Maybe the answer will pop into someone's head now that the virus has been lab
      isolated. My speculation is that the body's T-cells don't recognize it and
      therefore don't fight it. The same would hold true for HIV. Once you have
      something WRONG that they body recognizes, like cirrhosis or fibrosis, you then
      get an immune response. This would account for our normal ALT/AST results
      and maybe for the lower of my viral load, now, rather than the zoom effect I
      got after injection.