Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] off topic....labs, etc.and Ridalin

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
      In a message dated 2/22/2005 3:09:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      shshonee@... writes:

      Yes I've read where some doctors, very few though, have given scripts of
      ritalin and other meds like that for hep c brain fog. I asked for it from my
      gastro and he refused. My shrink gave me Wellbutrin to help with brain fog and
      it did to some degree but wore off after a year or so. I've since stopped the
      medication, as it just caused me to take more medication (it kept me awake
      all the time, so I had to take sleeping pills or other meds to sleep, etc).

      Shrinks are often more lenient with meds for that sort of thing than
      gastros, or at least it seems to me.

      I had a script for Wellbutrin masking in a smoking cessation program.
      Obviously that didn't work, but it gave me a terrible case of the shakes and kept
      me awake. Drugs of that class do tend to lead to more scripts for other
      things. Thanks for the info. Anne