Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] more of the Intermune article

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2005
      In a message dated 2/12/2005 3:51:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      shshonee@... writes:

      In addition, the asymptomatic nature of CHC and the long period of viral
      persistence required for health-threatening disease symptoms to become apparent
      means there is an anticipated peak of CHC patients requiring antiviral
      treatment between 2010 and 2020.

      That's really not good news. I was hoping, given that available testing
      both for patient and blood banks has been around for a decade, that we were
      already at the peak. so much for hoping.