comment on: InterMune's hepatitis strategy gets the right response

  • Shshonee (Alley)
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2005
      Sorry I hit send too soon. I found this paragraph in the article interesting:

      ---"Infection with the hepatitis C virus (HCV) is four times more common than HIV infection, and chronic HCV infection (CHC) is associated with considerable morbidity and mortality due to CHC-associated liver cirrhosis and cancer. Between 170-200 million individuals are estimated to be infected worldwide, with a prevalence of approximately 7.5 million in the seven major markets and 2.7 million in the US alone, according to Datamonitor research."---

      Not only are we heppers demographed, we are more common than HIV. What a pest we are! :)

      Alley
      www.alleypat.com
      www.alleypat.com/blog