Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] re. good news

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2005
      In a message dated 1/16/2005 6:35:55 P.M. !!!First Boot!!!,
      goddesspv@... writes:

      Would you be willing to share what vitamins and home remedies you are
      taking? Thanks,

      Dear Pamela,

      Not at all. Some of what I do is for other problems that I had, so I'll
      attempt to separate the list.
      On a daily basis, I take a multi vitamin, extra C with thiamin, vitamin B 1,
      a 50 mg. multi vitamin B tab, milk thistle, vitamin E. I drink tea, water,
      and fruit juices with an occasional cup of coffee. I eat leafy green salads,
      rather than iceberg lettuce. I don't steer away from red meat, but I haven't
      banned it from my diet, either.
      For nausea, I chew on coriander seed (don't swallow the hulls, they make me
      throw up and may do the same to Phil). When I am truly exhausted, but can't
      sleep, I pour a cup of "South American" tea, minus the wine, of course, and
      sprinkle a pinch of cardamom on top. I drink a lot of water with lemon or lime
      squeezed in it.
      Periodically, I eat cashews to sort of clear myself out.
      For dry skin, I use bag balm. I think somebody posted that WalMart carries
      it. I buy mine at the local feed and seed.
      I seem to pick up a lot of sinus problems. That was a problem before the
      HCV, but has become worse. I try to remember to drink ginger tea, or ginger in
      boiled down water. You can also stick your nose over the pot while the ginger
      is boiling.
      If I think of anything else or find anything else, I'll let you know. Of
      course, I pray a lot. And try not to get too frustrated.