Re: Rant warning...

  • tammster62
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2004
      This is true, but I must say that I went into this blinder than I
      should have and I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person but
      my doc softshoed around all kinds of issues. I am not happy with him
      at all, but I live in a small town and the choices are limited.
      Between dealing with him and the insurance I feel very, very sorry
      for people who do not know how to find info on the internet and do
      not know how to fight for what they need/deserve.
      After I get through with treatments, I have considering finding a job
      that will help people with stuff like this.
      I personally do not trust my doc to do anything but sign my
      prescriptions. I don't ask him about anything. I call and tell him
      when I need something, but other than that, I don't bother. After he
      told me to call the Peg 1-800 number to find out about getting a flu
      shot, I was disgusted. I have a friend who's son works at Scott and
      White Hospital and she called him and asked what they do about flu
      shots. He said that they take them patient by patient and look at
      test results, etc before they decide what to do. I decided that I
      didn't trust my doc to make that decision, so I refused the shot.
      Some times you have little choice in these matters :(
      Not fair, but true.
      <><TammieD><>

      --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Shshonee \(Alley\)"
      <shshonee@c...> wrote:
      I'm constantly amazed in the hep chat rooms I host how many heppers
      blindly take treatment without knowing anything about the side
      effects, or talking to their docs about the sides and getting help
      for them, or how it will affect their health, or might, long term.
      They act like it's taking an aspirin and they are supposed to feel
      better. My doc gives me nothing that he doesn't tell me what it is
      first and I ask how it might react with the other meds I have. I
      should know enough by now to stay away from modern medicine, tetnus
      shot almost killed me at age 10, the gov hospitals gave me hep (as
      far as I know), treatment disabled me. You'd think I'd learn! :)