couple of questions

  • tammster62
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2004
      I hate to only ask questions. I don't seem to ever have anything to
      contribute, but I certainly thank ya'll for being here for me.
      First, since my 6 month test came back virus free, then can I pass
      the virus right now?
      Second, does these meds make you bleed easier? I am also taking
      neupogen and epogen so maybe it is one of those, but was curious.
      Thanks.
      <><Tammie><>
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 22, 2004
        I don't know what you mean by

        "can I pass the virus right now?"

        Probably you are bleeding easier is because your platetes are low. The platetes are your clotting factor. Neither epogen or nupogen would help your platetes. Vitamin K and extra calcium might help with that...asjk your doctor to run a blood chemistry panel to be sure. When your plateles drop to 50,000 you need to go on half dose of the interferon...at 25,000 you get pulled from treatment. My platelets too a nose dive during treatment and I pulled them up from 60,000 to 84,000 two weeks later....I'd added vitamin K and calcium to my regime. Both vitamin k and extra calcium help produce platelets so my theory was that if treatment were destroying my plateletes, I needed to create more platelete to pull my count up. Did it work? It either worked or I had an inaccurate test.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 23, 2004
          --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Tatezi" <tatezi@s...>
          wrote:
          > I don't know what you mean by
          >
          > "can I pass the virus right now?"

          I was wondering if someone can get the virus from me? Don't worry, it
          doesn't matter what your respose is, I will always be horribly
          paranoid about any bleeding that I do.
          <><TammieD><>
          ps. and thanks for the other information. Vitamin K. What foods have
          this in it and is it ok to take it in pill form?
        • Shshonee (Alley)
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 23, 2004
            I think she means because she's pcr undetected. The answer is maybe, I think. Just because you are undetected doesn't mean you are absolutely positively virus free, but it's as much as we can measure at this time. Best to ask your doc.

            I know that anytime we have the antibodies, we cannot donate blood. So I'd say they don't want it getting around and don't want to worry about whether it's active or not. (b is more complicated about who is active and not).

            If you have C antibodies, would a person be able to transmit the virus? I dunno. Good question.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 24, 2004
              Vitamin K is what Father Sun gives us. But during treatment we need more then at other times in our lives. Talking a supplement is just fine and it will help your bone marrow create more platelets.,

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 26, 2004
                <><TammieD><>
                ps. and thanks for the other information. Vitamin K. What foods have
                this in it and is it ok to take it in pill form?

                Alfalfa is very high in vitamin K. You can get it in capsules or eat alfalfa sprouts.