misc hcv articles

  • Shshonee (Alley)
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2004
      Md. Hepatitis C May Be From Medical Tests
      AP via Yahoo! News Fri, 10 Dec 2004 4:23 AM PST
      A company that makes substances used in some common medical tests has suspended operations at a nuclear pharmacy in Maryland as state and federal health officials investigate several cases of hepatitis C in the Baltimore area, authorities said Thursday.

      Gov't to boost steps to combat hepatitis C
      Kyodo via Yahoo! Asia News Thu, 09 Dec 2004 6:48 PM PST
      _ The government will boost measures to combat the spread of hepatitis C by setting up a panel of experts, health minister Hidehisa Otsuji said Friday.

      Cardinal Health Cooperating In Hepatitis C Probe
      IWon - Money Thu, 09 Dec 2004 6:20 PM PST
      DUBLIN, Ohio (Dow Jones)--Cardinal Health Inc. (CAH) is cooperating with the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene in an investigation within the Greater Baltimore area of several cases of Hepatitis C.

      Japanese hospitals cited for tainted blood
      The Washington Times Fri, 10 Dec 2004 2:41 AM PST
      Tokyo, Japan, Dec. 10 (UPI) -- The Japanese government has disclosed the names of over 6,900 hospitals that apparently used hepatitis-tainted blood products between 1980 and 1994.

      Beaumont fears 60 got hepatitis C
      El Paso Times Sat, 11 Dec 2004 0:34 AM PST
      Doctors at Beaumont Army Medical Center are looking for 60 people who had surgery there earlier this year and could have contracted the hepatitis C virus.

      Hepatitis C Facts
      The WBAL Channel Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:31 AM PST
      Hepatitis C is the most common bloodborne infection in the United States. It can cause an inflammation, then scarring of the liver. In 20 percent of the cases, the virus ultimately leads to liver failure and death.

      OPC's--The Answer to a Desperate Man's Prayers
      PR Web via Yahoo! News Sun, 12 Dec 2004 3:00 AM PST
      (PRWEB) December 12, 2004 -- Chronically ill with Hepatitis-C and facing the prospect of full disability, Pat Baker saw his four-year saga of failed interferon therapy as futile. Fatigued and desperately needing a solution, he turned to OPCs. "2001 was a turning point in my life," says Pat. "I improved dramatically within four days, and knew I'd keep using this miraculous creation. The first was

      President for urgent action to fight liver ailments:
      New Kerala Sat, 11 Dec 2004 5:16 PM PST
      [India News]: New Delhi, Dec 11 : With five percent of India's population suffering from liver ailments, President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Saturday called for legislative, preventive and curative action to fight the disease.

    • w.m.landstra
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2004
        HI.What.s OPCs??.Merry Christmas.Willem.

      • Shshonee (Alley)
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 21, 2004
          Sorry the links didn't come thru. I didn't realize it went thru as straight text, no html links. I'll see if I can find the links and post them.