Re: itching---this turned into a novel

  • tammster62
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2004
      Thanks for the advice. I will look for the bag balm and the other
      stuff mentioned. The hair loss doesn't really bother me because I
      know that should grow back...it is the itching that drives me crazy.
      As for the blood tests, I go at least every 3 weeks to be tested. I
      have low white and red counts. I have been taking Epogen for the red
      count since about 2 weeks into the treatments and I take the Neupogen
      when the white counts go too low. I was on it for 6 weeks last time
      and have been on it for 4 weeks this time. I don't like that one. It
      makes me hurt pretty bad. BUT, I can keep going so that is what
      counts.
      And yes, I know that I am very, very blessed. I have not had any
      sides that I could not handle. I hurt pretty bad some times but it
      passes. I itch and it drives me crazy, but I can get some relief from
      that. There are some others but once again, they are completely
      manageable.
      One of the things that I was really worried about was the anger, and
      so far that really hasn't surfaced. I tend to be have a little worse
      pms problems, but it doesn't last long and I try to be very aware of
      it.
      All in all, I have had an easy time of it and am thankful.
      Keep you chin up. It doesn't change the situation if you are laughing
      or crying...laughing just makes you feel better :)
      <><TammieD><>
    • Shshonee (Alley)
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2004
        I used that lac hydrin lotion on my skin, didn't do a thing. Used oatmeal baths, oils, you name it, I used it. A lot depends on what is causing the itching as to what will help it.

        If over the counter doesn't help, see a doc.