Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Acetaminophen: a Killer With Many Weapons

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2004
      There has been a lot of research on Tylenol (acetominophin) being hard on the liver. And it's in a lot of prescription pain meds. I remember a particular study where the conclusion was that it was hard enough on the liver that people who drink alcohol should never take tylenol.

      I have no idea what all those big words and abbreviations mean, but I know
      what the title means. Anyone care to translate?... Alley

      A quick guess would be....don't take Acetominophin pain killers. Isn't that
      what Tylenol has in it?

    • Shshonee (Alley)
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2004
        Yes Tylenol is aceto whatever and yes it is hard on the liver. Always has been, always will be (until they change the chemistry). If you were around when it first got approved and read about the history, you'd know the crap that went on to get it approved. FDA doesn't force companies to do long term studies anymore. So how in the heck would they know if it did liver damage? The proof is in the ER room. Ask any ER nurse or doctor.