Hepatitis C victim refuses treatment

  • Shshonee
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2004
      (this guy assumes a bit that is not necessarily correct. - the peg is one shot a week, not 3, and doing treatment does not necessarily mean you can't work, though I don't know why he couldn't just take a few months leave of absence at the end of his treatment or whenever. It sounds like this guy is scared of treatment instead of looking at where his liver is at. I'm not sure where forcing the gov to research where his blood came from will get him?...... Alley)

      Hepatitis C victim refuses treatment

      October 12, 2004 12:46

      A NORWICH man battling with a life-threatening illness is refusing his medical treatment in a last-ditch bid to force a public inquiry into his predicament.

      Michael Colyer, a haemophiliac, was infected with Hepatitis C after receiving contaminated blood products through the NHS in the 1960s or 1970s.

      The 53-year-old, of Colman Road, now wants a public inquiry held into why the dirty blood was ever used in the UK.
      http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/Content/News/story.asp?datetime=12+Oct+2004+12%3A46&tbrand=ENOnline&tCategory=NEWS&category=News&brand=ENOnline&itemid=NOED12+Oct+2004+12%3A46%3A45%3A670