Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: question and O. T.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2004
      In a message dated 10/7/2004 11:12:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      shshonee@... writes:
      The longer you do treatment the more tired you get, that's pretty normal. The
      meds build up in your system over time and your body gets plum tuckered out.

      My hair thinned a lot on treatment, but it came back. I just whacked it all
      off. Was almost to my waist and I was too tired to mess with it on treatment
      so I cut it off to an inch or two all around and died it red and spiked it up
      punk (I was dark blonde lol). Talk about going wild! (for me that is wild, my
      husband nearly freaked). But it was fun :). I knew I couldn't maintain that
      long mess and had to cut it, why not have fun with it? Now I'm growing it out.
      It's down to my shoulders, about where I'll keep it now. I'm too lazy to
      mess with hair much anymore.

      I ordered groceries online (albertsons.com in my area delivers for $10.00 and
      it was worth the price cuz I was pooped), got a maid every other month to
      clean the toilets, and made sure the groceries were nukable and made the family
      cook for themselves while I hogged the remote and propped my feet up.

      Don't hesitate to take advantage of this time of your life. Look on the good
      side! You be sick. Make THEM work!! Their (the family) is good for
      something, we hope anyway. And if they don't, shame their lazy butts into it. lol
      I babysat my daughter's two preschoolers on treatment and they kept me busy
      and focused on other things so I really didn't get to lie around much, but they
      were good kids and daughter kept house for me on her day off. If hubby didn't
      do laundry, hubby had no clean clothes. If hubby didn't do dishes, hubby had
      no clean dishes. It's as simple as that. :)

      Nothing wrong with accepting you don't feel good, cuz you DON"T. And don't
      let nobody tell you no different. Most people don't feel peachy keen on
      treatment. Family don't like it, tell family to do treatment lol. Remind them that
      if it were cancer, they wouldn't be ignoring the situation. Tell them to
      substitute "cancer" for "hep C" and "chemo" for "treatment" and there ya go.
      They'd be all 'oh honey what can I do to help you, you poor thang'. Wouldn't

      My advice, use it. :) Take advantage of it best ya can.

      Don't feel guilty.

      It doesn't last forever.

      Take a deep breath.

      Get a big stick.

      Hit anybody who gives you a hard time up side the head and tell God they died
      (an old saying in my family, don't really do it, I'd be liable :).

      ((((((((( hugs ))))))))) to you :)

      You are a TRULY WONDERFUL person. May God bless you for your sense of humor,
      you always manage to restore mine. Thank you.

      In addition HepC aside for a moment. I apologize for being somewhat ascerbic
      of late. This has been one of those years where we have had several losses
      among our family and friends. Although we both know that this is our loss and
      their gain, but we still miss them, so my mood hasn't been so great, with the
      consequence that I haven't been much help to anybody. I promise to get over
      this, IMMEDIATELY.

      Today is my husband's birthday, so time to get busy and make him feel young.
      Get this......he calculated out that he is 1,766,016,000 seconds old. My
      comment was: "Honey, I believe you could skipped that entire line of thought and
      been felt a whole lot better about the day." I think we could be having a
      minor age crisis here.:-).