Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] flu shot

  • Shshonee
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
      I got the flu shot on tx and off. My white counts weren't below norm when I did it, but were going low as they usually do on tx. No problems.

      Good idea to call the 800 number.

    • Shshonee
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
        Hey Ron, fellow Texan! Where is Inez?

        Alley
        Grand Prairie, Tx

      • Ron Miller d.b.a. Country TV
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
          Small place, 14 miles east of Victoria TX. coastal bend area.
          Country TV
          Ron Miller
          Inez, TX. 77968

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
            Yes, definitely get the flu shot! You should also get vaccinated for Hep B
            and Hep A. And, get vaccinated for pneumonia too.

            The vaccine is made of dead virus' so you can't get the flu from it, although
            some claim that they do.

            My personal thoughts on getting the shot is that our bodies are already in a
            fight and under stress which puts us in the position of catching almost
            anything that is going around. The flu shot really helps me. I can't believe I
            haven't had a cold or the flu since I've been getting them, and I used get the
            flu and/or bronchitis every year before then.

            We can't afford to not get vaccinated against everything that we could be
            very susceptible to. What may make a 'regular' person ill, could be almost
            deadly for us heppers.

            Go for it girl!

            Betty

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2004
              I did my first flu shot last year while in treatment. Although I've never had the flu (knock on wood), I felt that with my immune system fighting the virus and thus comprimised, it wouldn't hurt to get a flu shot to be on the safe side. I didn't have any reaction to the shot and even though exposed to people with flu in the office, I never got it.

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 7, 2004
                As soon as we found out I had Hep C, both my primary care physician and my
                hepatologist prescribed a flu shot. And the pcp wondered if I should get
                the pneumo-something shot for pneumonia. Then I lost my medical insurance
                so I never found out if I should have that shot or not.

                This year I will go to a flu shot clinic and continue to get one. It will
                cost $15.

                I have never had the flu. And I don't want it!
                Pam in Maine