Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] hurricane

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 16, 2004
      Our Earth Mother is angry this year...She's had enough of the callous treatment humynkind has been doling out. All the polution laws lifted, additional drilling into Her belly and all the blood that has soaked through her skin.

      I sent energy filled with strength for those who will need it to get through these times...

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 17, 2004
        Thanks to all who prayed. We were spared the heartbreak of floods and high winds which destroy property here in Louisiana. Many of our neighbors in Alabama and Mississippi and Florida were not so lucky. God's ways are not like ours and not to be questioned. He is our loving father no matter what and at times we must endure hardships, as He did when He walked this earth. He has a plan for our lives, which we can't understand now. One day we will, and our reward in heaven will be great. Keep the faith and never doubt that He is with us, helping us along as we go through each day. Terry

      • tammster62
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 17, 2004
          Amen and amen!!
          <><TammieD><>

          --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Sita" <psita@b...>

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 18, 2004
            In a message dated 9/17/2004 8:28:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            t1d1r1d1@... writes:
            us, helping us along as we go through each day. Terry
            Dear Terry,

            You are very welcome to my prayers and I'm happy that you were spared.

            I've lost a family friend, Abel McRae Carson, so I may be out of the loop for
            a few days.

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 18, 2004
              You are so right, Mark...the only news you get of the side effects of Ivan (or any hurricane) is the damages occured directly in the path of the hurricane. People don't think of what other effects things like hurrincanes have.

              I don't read mainstream press...been lied to way too many times in the last 3+ years. But I read alternative press and it is covering the results of the Ivan. Any major disruption in our atmosphere like hurricanes, tornadoes, etc., all have cause and effect.

              Bush was quick to declare his brother's state, Florida, a disaster area following Frances...has he declared WV or Ohio disaster areas. Bet he will declare Ohio a disaster area...it's a swing state in the elections. But WV...I doubt he'll give it a second thought...especially since that is Senator Robert Byrd's state and doesn't have many electoral votes.

              My heart goes out to the people in areas that are forgotten in the aftermath of Ivan.

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 19, 2004
                  In a message dated 9/18/2004 6:07:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  gourdmad@... writes:
                  Now the Ohio river is slowly rising. It is almost surreal, because it is
                  warm sunny and still out, but the Ohio keeps rising, forcing 10s of
                  thousands to flee their homes and will peak an estimated 13 feet over flood
                  stage on Sunday. More millions in dollars worth of damages, which on it's
                  own would have been national news but as merely a side effect of Ivan, isn't
                  even getting mentioned. I spent the day emptying basements and helping
                  people move.
                  I sympathize. I've been through the "rest of the storm" that everybody
                  thought was a walk in the park. Fran and Bertha, together, took down trees that
                  knocked a wall of my Mother's
                  house along with other damage. Floyd did more damage with it's with flooding.
                  I, too, have bailed my basement out. Hurricane Hugo killed people in
                  Charlotte, N. C. and in the North Carolina mountains as well. The only way not to
                  be damaged by a hurricane is for the hurricane to head East and head out to
                  sea. The only advantage they bring SOMETIMES is much needed rain.
                  You will be in our prayers.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 19, 2004
                    In a message dated 9/18/2004 8:42:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    tatezi@... writes:
                    Bush was quick to declare his brother's state, Florida, a disaster area
                    following Frances...has he declared WV or Ohio disaster areas. Bet he will declare
                    Ohio a disaster area...it's a swing state in the elections. But WV...I doubt
                    he'll give it a second thought...especially since that is Senator Robert Byrd's
                    state and doesn't have many electoral votes.
                    Not to put too fine a point on things, but the governor of the state has to
                    petition the federal government to have the state declared a disaster area. So
                    if the governor of the state doesn't do that, the president can't step in and
                    take over. That's part of the Constitution.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 19, 2004
                      I didn't know that, Anne. Thanks for sharing that information...

                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 19, 2004
                        In a message dated 9/19/2004 11:42:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                        tatezi@... writes:
                        I didn't know that, Anne. Thanks for sharing that information
                        Your welcome.