hurricane

  • Paul Sita
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 15, 2004
      Hello all,
      I would like to ask for all of you to pray for the people here in Louisiana and along the coast all the way to Florida as we prepare for hurricane Ivan. It is a huge dangerous storm and we are all at risk, some more than others. Pray for the safety of the people, property can be replaced. We are on the Northshore and not in as much danger as those in New Orleans and Metairie, who are way below sea level. I will let you know how we all made out. Thanks, Terry

    • w.m.landstra
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 15, 2004
        Hi.If God is so almighty and powerfull he can give it a little push towards it.s birthplace again,the ocean,missing the mainland and by doing so saving lives of his so-called beloved children.A deed of compassion most people would do if they had the power,without going on their knees.Willem

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 15, 2004
          In a message dated 9/15/2004 11:55:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          psita@... writes:
          Hello all,
          I would like to ask for all of you to pray for the people here in
          Louisiana and along the coast all the way to Florida as we prepare for hurricane
          Ivan. It is a huge dangerous storm and we are all at risk, some more than
          others. Pray for the safety of the people, property can be replaced. We are on
          the Northshore and not in as much danger as those in New Orleans and Metairie,
          who are way below sea level. I will let you know how we all made out. Thanks,
          Terry
          Dear Terry,

          Please know that we have been praying and will continue to do so. Since we,
          too, live on the coast, we understand just how much danger you are in. Please
          be careful of the obvious dangers, as well as the less obvious.

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 16, 2004
            Our Earth Mother is angry this year...She's had enough of the callous treatment humynkind has been doling out. All the polution laws lifted, additional drilling into Her belly and all the blood that has soaked through her skin.

            I sent energy filled with strength for those who will need it to get through these times...

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 17, 2004
              Thanks to all who prayed. We were spared the heartbreak of floods and high winds which destroy property here in Louisiana. Many of our neighbors in Alabama and Mississippi and Florida were not so lucky. God's ways are not like ours and not to be questioned. He is our loving father no matter what and at times we must endure hardships, as He did when He walked this earth. He has a plan for our lives, which we can't understand now. One day we will, and our reward in heaven will be great. Keep the faith and never doubt that He is with us, helping us along as we go through each day. Terry

            • tammster62
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 17, 2004
                Amen and amen!!
                <><TammieD><>

                --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Sita" <psita@b...>

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 18, 2004
                  In a message dated 9/17/2004 8:28:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  t1d1r1d1@... writes:
                  us, helping us along as we go through each day. Terry
                  Dear Terry,

                  You are very welcome to my prayers and I'm happy that you were spared.

                  I've lost a family friend, Abel McRae Carson, so I may be out of the loop for
                  a few days.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 18, 2004
                    You are so right, Mark...the only news you get of the side effects of Ivan (or any hurricane) is the damages occured directly in the path of the hurricane. People don't think of what other effects things like hurrincanes have.

                    I don't read mainstream press...been lied to way too many times in the last 3+ years. But I read alternative press and it is covering the results of the Ivan. Any major disruption in our atmosphere like hurricanes, tornadoes, etc., all have cause and effect.

                    Bush was quick to declare his brother's state, Florida, a disaster area following Frances...has he declared WV or Ohio disaster areas. Bet he will declare Ohio a disaster area...it's a swing state in the elections. But WV...I doubt he'll give it a second thought...especially since that is Senator Robert Byrd's state and doesn't have many electoral votes.

                    My heart goes out to the people in areas that are forgotten in the aftermath of Ivan.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 19, 2004
                        In a message dated 9/18/2004 6:07:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                        gourdmad@... writes:
                        Now the Ohio river is slowly rising. It is almost surreal, because it is
                        warm sunny and still out, but the Ohio keeps rising, forcing 10s of
                        thousands to flee their homes and will peak an estimated 13 feet over flood
                        stage on Sunday. More millions in dollars worth of damages, which on it's
                        own would have been national news but as merely a side effect of Ivan, isn't
                        even getting mentioned. I spent the day emptying basements and helping
                        people move.
                        I sympathize. I've been through the "rest of the storm" that everybody
                        thought was a walk in the park. Fran and Bertha, together, took down trees that
                        knocked a wall of my Mother's
                        house along with other damage. Floyd did more damage with it's with flooding.
                        I, too, have bailed my basement out. Hurricane Hugo killed people in
                        Charlotte, N. C. and in the North Carolina mountains as well. The only way not to
                        be damaged by a hurricane is for the hurricane to head East and head out to
                        sea. The only advantage they bring SOMETIMES is much needed rain.
                        You will be in our prayers.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 19, 2004
                          In a message dated 9/18/2004 8:42:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                          tatezi@... writes:
                          Bush was quick to declare his brother's state, Florida, a disaster area
                          following Frances...has he declared WV or Ohio disaster areas. Bet he will declare
                          Ohio a disaster area...it's a swing state in the elections. But WV...I doubt
                          he'll give it a second thought...especially since that is Senator Robert Byrd's
                          state and doesn't have many electoral votes.
                          Not to put too fine a point on things, but the governor of the state has to
                          petition the federal government to have the state declared a disaster area. So
                          if the governor of the state doesn't do that, the president can't step in and
                          take over. That's part of the Constitution.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 19, 2004
                            I didn't know that, Anne. Thanks for sharing that information...

                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 19, 2004
                              In a message dated 9/19/2004 11:42:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                              tatezi@... writes:
                              I didn't know that, Anne. Thanks for sharing that information
                              Your welcome.