Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] i'm not pregnant

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2004
      In a message dated 9/7/2004 12:29:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      gourdmad@... writes:
      the doctor, he very seriously informed me that that is a marker for liver
      cancer. reading the lab report upside, I noticed that it said "..or
      pregnant." so i said, "No, I thnk it means I'm pregnant", which,
      considering my obvious maleness, I had some difficulty getting him to
      accept. so he ordered an ultrasound, which I immediately pointed out to him
      would be what you would do for someone who was pregnant. He still wouldn't
      accept my interpretation.
      You will laugh, when I tell you that one of the residents asked me if I was
      pregnant (in defense-that was without knowing that I had HCV). I am however,
      female. "Well, since I haven't had a period since I started taking Ribavirin, I
      would say probably not, but then I'm not a doctor, so what do I know?"
      Wouldn't have gotten me on Oprah, but it certainly would have flipped me out, not
      to mention my husband. Some of these doctors have no sense of humor. I didn't
      even get a smile.
      We all vent. It's part of it.

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2004
        I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing you aren't pregnant...you could make a lot of money being the first man to bear child. <g>

          Glad you're not preggers lol. My AFP (is that what you are talking about?) was high after tx ended too. They keep checking mine.

        • Mark Middle Mountain
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 15, 2004
            > My AFP (is that what you are talking about?) was high after tx ended too.<

            Yes, AFP = alpha fetoprotein.