Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] blood test

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
      In a message dated 9/1/2004 8:23:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      claudineintexas@... writes:
      Anyway, the nurse told me that my liver counts are back down into the
      normal range. I took this as a good sign. Please tell me that it is
      actually a good sign LOL.
      <><TammieD><>
      Yes, that is a good sign!!!!!!!!!!! What that means is that "de drugs" are
      working and your liver is able to function without over working itself.
      Frequently, when genotype 1 a or b patients go on treatment there liver functions
      shoot through the ceiling. Nobody knows exactly why this is. I suspect that
      it's because the liver has been chugging along trying to function under protest
      and duress and suddenly gets help and goes into overdrive. Then things settle
      down and the liver goes back to something that looks closer to normal values
      as it allows the medication to do it's work. That's me speaking, not anything
      the docs say.
      Rejoice!