Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: blood test---Tatezi

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2 5:39 AM
      Treatment always helps you liver...it gives it a break and allows it some time to heal itself.

      Oh, well, anything that helps my liver is a good sign. Thanks for the info.
      <><TammieD><>

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2 5:44 PM
        In a message dated 9/1/2004 8:23:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        claudineintexas@... writes:
        Anyway, the nurse told me that my liver counts are back down into the
        normal range. I took this as a good sign. Please tell me that it is
        actually a good sign LOL.
        <><TammieD><>
        Yes, that is a good sign!!!!!!!!!!! What that means is that "de drugs" are
        working and your liver is able to function without over working itself.
        Frequently, when genotype 1 a or b patients go on treatment there liver functions
        shoot through the ceiling. Nobody knows exactly why this is. I suspect that
        it's because the liver has been chugging along trying to function under protest
        and duress and suddenly gets help and goes into overdrive. Then things settle
        down and the liver goes back to something that looks closer to normal values
        as it allows the medication to do it's work. That's me speaking, not anything
        the docs say.
        Rejoice!