Re: blood test---Tatezi

  • tammster62
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Tatezi" <tatezi@s...>
      wrote:
      > Tammie...
      >
      > I don't remember your genotype,
      I am a 1b.

      >they ran an RNA around 2 months into treatment.
      They said they will not run it until the 6th month.

      > As far as your LFTs, those could very well have dropped because you
      are on treatment.
      Drat!!! I was hoping that this was a good sign.
      Oh, well, anything that helps my liver is a good sign. Thanks for the
      info.
      <><TammieD><>
    • tammster62
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
        --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, claudine intexas
        <claudineintexas@y...> wrote:
        > Yes, that is a good sign! :)
        Ya'll are such a good group. Thank you all for the encouragment.
        <><TammieD><>
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
          Treatment always helps you liver...it gives it a break and allows it some time to heal itself.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
            In a message dated 9/1/2004 8:23:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            claudineintexas@... writes:
            Anyway, the nurse told me that my liver counts are back down into the
            normal range. I took this as a good sign. Please tell me that it is
            actually a good sign LOL.
            <><TammieD><>
            Yes, that is a good sign!!!!!!!!!!! What that means is that "de drugs" are
            working and your liver is able to function without over working itself.
            Frequently, when genotype 1 a or b patients go on treatment there liver functions
            shoot through the ceiling. Nobody knows exactly why this is. I suspect that
            it's because the liver has been chugging along trying to function under protest
            and duress and suddenly gets help and goes into overdrive. Then things settle
            down and the liver goes back to something that looks closer to normal values
            as it allows the medication to do it's work. That's me speaking, not anything
            the docs say.
            Rejoice!