Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: Repost - Genotypes Explained

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 24, 2004
      In a message dated 8/23/2004 11:37:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      claudineintexas@... writes:
      No, I don't think the virus mutates like that. Mutating from type 1a to 1b is
      actually a rather long process, with futher minor mutations occuring
      (quasispecies) way before a subtype mutation. This is way over my head. I do know that
      it has been well documented that a person's genotype is determined by the
      person he got it from, and nothing else, such as route of transmission,
      immunological status, etc.
      Okay, I stand corrected. I was going by what few representative pics I've
      seen.