Friends join rocker's battle with illness

  • Shshonee
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 10:27 AM
      Friends join rocker's battle with illness

      WIMBERLEY, Texas � Alejandro Escovedo always thought life on the road was the path to eternal youth.

      "Some people complain, 'Oh, I don't want to be old and still touring.' Well, I could have toured for the rest of my life and I would have loved it," the singer says. "Music is who I am."

      But jamming into the sunset is a fading hope for the acclaimed Texas rocker as he battles the advanced stages of hepatitis C.

      http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/fea/entertainment/stories/080104dnartalejandro.45225.html